AG darker beer that is easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daum

Reaction score
On my fourth batch of AG, been just doing different variations of Edworts pale ale.

Looking for a darker beer or just a really good other AG beer that is preferably higher ABV. Preferably not too many ingredients, and fairly easy to make.

Thanks,
Daum

Not sure how dark you are wanting to go but here is a thread with some good darker Red ale recipes in it: LINK

Cheers

brew the beer in my recipe pull down. it's really good, high abv, dark, but nice and malty. like a souped up warstiener dunkel.

it is vee greatest vbeir, in vall de vourld!!!!

Porters are great. I really like oatmeal stouts, too. I've got both in my recipe list. The vanilla porter is a big beer with a lot of ingredients. The oatmeal stout is straightforward. I've made both a few times with very good results.

Try a dry stout.

70% two row
20% flaked barley
10% roasted (unmalted) barley
OG about 1.040

bitter at 60 minutes boil to about 30 IBU's with your favorite bittering hop - I use my homegrown Nugget

US-05 or 1056 yeast

I'm making a porter this weekend, but it uses 5-6 specialty malts and 3 kinds of hops...easy, but not exactly at the 'low' end of required ingredients.

but it was the best porter I'd ever tasted, so what's a guy to do?

Back