Goose Island Mild Winter Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wittmania

Reaction score
Just had lunch with some buddies and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the restaurant had Goose Island's Mild Winter Ale on tap for $2.50 a pint. I thought it was a terrific beer, especially for the price.

Has anyone else tried this beer? What did you think of it?

Used to live in chicago, this is one of my favorite beers. Definitely missing this one this winter.

Well, they are in Chicago, but they do make Matilda and Sofie.

Some of my favorite beers are coming out the Chicago area, them and Three Floyds. I had a Christmas 2009 the other night and a six pack of Winter, always good beer. I would think InBev is going to take the Gosse Island Beers across the nation really soon, by moving the production of the Urban Beers to the Bud Plants and the crafted beers will still be made in Chicago.

I've had Honker's and their IPA - both pretty good. What kind of beer is the mild winter ale?

I hate to say this, but now that I know what goes into making a beer, I can't justify paying $9.00 a six pack for a mild. A beer snob pet peeve of mine is that they can charge the same for a sixer of a mild and an IPA knowing that the latter has double the amount of grains and several times more hops.

Bison Witches on P Street downtown. Not sure how long it goes. Maybe just November, so you better go get one today!

Back