beer in the bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morris1980

Reaction score
I put my first batch of beer in bottles yesterday and todat there is some white stuff collecting at the bottom. Is this normal?

Yes, that is the yeast that is carbonating your beer. When you pour out the beer to drink, just leave it behind (unless it is a wheat beer of some sort, then just pour it in!).

Its all good! Love that yeast! Like he said just pour into a glass slowly and try to leave about 1/4 of an inch of beer in the bottom of the bottle. Dont worry though if you dont get the hang of pouring for a while the yeast will not hurt you:mug:

Or pour it all and drink those wonderful yeast that made such a delicious drink for you to enjoy! Perhaps I am a bit sentimental, but I'd prefer the yeast find their final resting place in my stomach than in my septic tank!

I try to leave behind the last 1/4 inch or so when I pour, but I guess my palate isn't all that advanced since I notice very little flavor difference if I do pour some of the yeast into my glass. Come to think of it, I should go pour myself a homebrew right now!

Back