New single tier build near completion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddknight

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I have finally just about finished my single tier build. Thanks to the many posters here that have provided help and guidance as well as very useful information! All helped me to create this stand.
I incorporated a swivel mount for the control panel and added a secure tippy dump to the MLT for a little more ease in dumping grains and then added a welded, removable grate to the top of the burners so that if there was ever a time I was using a smaller pot then I could easily accommodate the change. There are two pumps on the system and everything is done with quick disconnects. I went with the high pressure Baso safety valves and the STC solenoid valves for the system with a standard pilot burner.
The mash will be direct fire recirculated and everything is wired through the control panel and then plugged in through a GFCI plug.
Thanks again for all the help and I welcome any comments/critiques!

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

It's actually not an electric starter. Everything is controlled through the propane solenoid valve and baso safety valve which is basically controlled by the Love controllers.

That ebay link doesn't work... The Baso valves are quite expensive if you are looking at using something like the H19 for safety valves and then using another solenoid for main gas line delivery. Why not go for a combination valve??

Nice build anyhow!!

I thought about a combination valve but I got a really good deal on the safety valves at $65 a piece shipped and then got the stainless steel STC solenoid valves for $20 a piece from a friend of mine who didn't want them. At the time this was the way I knew how to set it up and only learned about the combo valves after I had previous mentioned materials. I think the combo valves would be an easy way to go in hindsight, though.

There are both high pressure and low pressure combination valves. Any reason everyone wants to use high pressure? I think we need to get Nicksteck to chime in on this subject

That is the same reason I went the route of high pressure as well. I can easily back down to low pressure with the equipment I have and if I decide on new burners that will be easy to accomplish.

Back