My Hops are Here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerjb

Reaction score
I just got the 2 lbs of hops I ordered from Freshops delivered to me at work. Aside from the fact that when i opened the box I got some interesting looks from my coworkers, I'm very pleased. they all look beautiful.

I know Hops Direct has the reputation of over packing, but I went with Freshops because i could order in quantities smaller than 1lb of each variety. I wanted options, but had a limited budget.

All in all, i'm pleased. And excited to brew more!

I don't think you get the over packing from the suppliers as was in the past. I also like the idea of ordering by the ounce for the varieties you want to try but don't want a pound.

Yeah, many folks have reported that the gravy days of over-stuffing from hops direct has ended. Some people are still getting over weight orders but the norm seems to be on weight. I've been plenty pleased with my hops from freshops and their quick shipping.

yeah, the shipping was quick. I'm sure with the rising costs that overstuffing has died out. mine is pretty on weight. i'm excited to use these; it'll be my first experience with leaf, not pellet.

Back