Keezer Project- Need some input

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDarkChemist

Reaction score
I plan on making a 3 tap keezer for my business partner for his birthday. It is going to be Pittsburgh Steelers themed. Only 3 tap as he doesn't home brew and I will need to keep him supplied ^.^ and then that will leave room for the Bud Light in there as well that he drinks --.--

Anyway basic idea, after browsing forums for a bit.

5 Cu.ft Freezer
Collar (still deciding on height)
3 taps, 3 corny kegs
Casters.

And vinyl wrap with some steelers logos and a high res action shot of his favorite player around the sides and front.

What I can't seem to wrap my mind around is what to do for the collar and lid. Could I flush it out enough that the vinyl wrap would cover the collar as well? Or should I go with some black/gold theme for the collar. And I have no clue what to do for the lid... And also, drip tray... Since the focus will be the vinyl wrap, not sure how to work the drip tray in unless I can design the wrap in such a way.. Im assuming no tray will be a pita mess.

Any thoughts appreciated, will provide in progress pics and final result once I come up with a design.

This is a great idea and very timely. I can't wait to see what you decide on.

For the collar: keep it simple. I think a semi-gloss or glossy black paint would look great! If you wanted to jazz it up, you could always go with white stars around the collar on top of black paint (kinda like some of the vintage styling I've seen: http://www.andstillclothing.com/shop/images/products/large_1536_steelers_garan_crew_1.jpg).

For the taps: Keep the taps off to the side of front of the keezer. If you did stars, you could place the taps in the same spacing as the stars.

For the drip tray: As long as the vinyl wrap has the player on the opposite side as the taps, then I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, a nice drip tray always add class.

I think the real question is: Do you find some sort of Ravens sticker and put it in the drip tray ...

Hrm good idea... I could even put the taps and drip tray all on one of the sides... but aesthetically I like the idea of centered in front like most do.. hrm... heh browns sticker goes on the drip tray, they can have the leavings of the steeler keezer! :p

thanks for the ideas, keep em coming guys!

Changed my mind, going with coffin black trim, diamond plate top surface and black tile backsplash w/ gold grout, with golden led strip behind to shine.. I think.. :p

Changed again, going with stainless steel tile with black silicon caulk instead of grout for top and backsplash... if you don't see a finished picture by Sunday, its because a piece of steel coated ceramic tile slipped when I was trying to cut it and decapitated me.

Late update, current status picture

2013-10-27%2015.44.30.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbzx83ik4jf3aun/2013-10-27 15.44.30.jpg

Ran into a few issues and probably wont be fully completed until next week.

Very nice... I'm sure your business partner will love it, especially stocked with beer.

I had to click the link in order see the picture.

Back