Demon Wasp. Seriously... W.T.H.!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
I haven't been home much for a few months but last time I went back I heard of these Demon Wasps that were terrorizing my roommates. Until I saw the picture I thought they were just being overly dramatic.... not the case....

Look at it! That stinger extends past the end of the photo!!! Anyone know what this is or have ever seen one??

Apparently these have chased a few people around the yard but no one has been hit yet.

Wasp cropped.jpg

Better get out that napalm like the thread with the spider in the beer bottle showed!

Sheesh the stinger looks like it's about three times as long as the wasp. I would think it would make the ordinary wasps envious.

Oh interesting I looked up the 'ichneumon', it says that thing isn't actually a stinger, and that the thing can't actually sting, and that long thing is for laying eggs inside rotten wood for example.

The mystery died too quickly :(... please delete your informative posts... (J/K)

That's not a stinger, it's an egg laying tube (ovipositor). Don't worry, they don't normally inject their eggs into humans.

It gives you a really stern look, I mean just look at the photo, it's staring daggers. Just don't let on that you know it's extra long tube isn't a stinger and act afraid and everything will probably be ok. Unless it can smell fear. Or tries to implant its eggs inside you.

Back