3-way valve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion2598

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on a source for a good 3-way valve? I am trying to direct the output of hot wort from the march pump. I was just going to use 3 simple ball-valves, but someone recommended using a 3-way valve and it sounded like a good idea.

Thanks,
Greg

Anyone have any recommendations on a source for a good 3-way valve? I am trying to direct the output of hot wort from the march pump. I was just going to use 3 simple ball-valves, but someone recommended using a 3-way valve and it sounded like a good idea.

Thanks,
Greg

mcmaster sells ball valves that can be used to send in one of two directions, but they are like $30+shipping for one made of brass. They don't have one that can go three ways, and if they DID.... buying three separate ball valves would be cheaper for sure.

I've gone a little ghetto with some of my system and am using garden hose connectors all over the place. I don't need it, but I could get a brass garden hose splitter that goes 4 ways at Lowe's, something like the pic below.

HME-40508_280_280.jpg

On the one I looked at, the body was solid brass and the balls in the valves as well as the stems attaching the balls to the levers were stainless.

The only plastic parts are the little levers and a "grip" that is molded around the female connector. Only brass and stainless in contact with the liquid.

southern pipe you should have one local to you they stock 3 way ball valves in red and white brand or apollo brand / discover valve online

Piping alloys, sounds familiar, have you sold a couple thousand feet of mill finish 1/2" & 3/8" SS tube for the Intel Octillo project in chandler recently.

Those 3-way valves allow you do direct from one input to one of two outputs.

I believe he wants one input directed to one of THREE outputs.

Back