storage pressure vs serving pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighandsray

Reaction score
I have read conflicting info and seek the knowledge of wisemen. When storing cornies (after having been carbed) in the kegerator, do I need to keep them at 12psi (carbing pressure) or can I leave them at a lower serving pressure of 6-8psi?

they will technically start to lose carbonation like that. best way is to reduce your flowrate enough that you can serve at carbonating pressure.

I deal with the same thing, as I serve from cobra taps at carbing pressure. it can be a little foamy sometimes, but I plan to add some of those mixer inserts soon.

yep you need to 'balance' your system, so that serving psi is the storage psi, which gets you the CO2 volumes you want for the style being served.

I run about 12psi, with 8 feet of tap line to balance it out. More line = resistance so the beer doesn't rocket outta the tap and foam.

Back