If I'm wrong, I don't want to be right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravenhead

Reaction score
Having a beer and brewing at 9AM Colorado Time on Sunday.... Such a good life. Irish red in the Tun and an ESB in the Glass... Anyone else having a wonderful morning?

Todd

Brewed today (AG nut brown ale). Started the water heating at 8:30 Chicago time. Had a friend over for the whole brew session. He is interested in brewing also, and we are considering adding to my setup and doing 10 gal. batches and splitting them. So overall, a good brew day.

I bottled my Father's Day Brown today, transferred my Fizzyellawawa (for the wife) to the secondary and am washing some German Ale yeast right now. There's a nice cool breeze coming through the house and Jason Mraz is on the radio. It's a very enjoyable day!

I got to sit back and watch my GF brew up a batch of Hefeweizen today. Actually, I didn't sit back and watch... I decided to make Bavarian-style pretzels to eat during the brewing session...

P1020405.jpg

This morning I went to the farmer's market and bought myself a bunch of honey in anticipation of a batch of mead coming up. Then I cam home, worked for a while and got really, really drunk on excellent beer. So, not a bad day so far.

Im glad to see that im not the only one that brews early and drinks while brewing. I just like to brew in the AM and its just a sin to not have a homebrew while brewing. Gotta love the am beer, I like to have an oatmeal stout, then when people ask what I had for breakfast I just say oatmeal....

Brewed an American Wheat yesterday. Today I was on the lake fishing. Wonderful day. :mug:

+1 on those pretzels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockin:

Recipe for those pretzels? I could see eating some of those very soon. :D

I used Alton Brown's recipe from his Good Eats pretzel recipe. It cheats a bit, in that it uses a boiling baking soda bath instead of lye, but they turn out pretty good anyway (and it's a lot safer to use). I was in Germany last month and loved it... after eating pretzels for breakfast every day for two weeks (typically with weisswurst), I missed it when I got back, and needed to find something to satisfy. This did it...

Here's a link to the recipe: Homemade Soft Pretzels

Gotta love the am beer. :mug: Thanks for the pretzel recipe, definitely going to make those. I haven't ever thought to make pretzels. Those look great with some mustard.

Back