Cool Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BxBrewer

Reaction score
Anyone using a "wired" temp gauge ? Would like to find something that can tell me the temp without opening the Cool brewing bag.

Just be careful not to get the cable wet. I've destroyed a few of thermometers by letting the cable get into the mash, only the probe should get wet.

Just be careful not to get the cable wet. I've destroyed a few of thermometers by letting the cable get into the mash, only the probe should get wet.

Im looking for somethign to monitor fermintation temps. I dont thing it will get wet. :mug:

no need to spend $19 if you don't want to. There are tons of alternatives -
some (well, alot,, OK, most) are made in China, and you may have to wait a few weeks, but I've got a few of these for $3. I use a CR1000 to monitor the temp of a chest freezer fermenter, and since it's C, I also have a $3 back up one of these that can go from C to F with a switch that I use for back up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-The...813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d35d3a6f5

Just do a search on digital thermometer remote sensor, or aquarium thermometer (they stick to the outside of the tank, and the probe gets dipped into the water on the end of the 6' cord).

Back