Amana 18 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kklowell

Reaction score
If anyone uses one of these old dinosaurs for a kegerator I have a question...do you know where a safe spot to drill through the side for a CO2 line is? My 20lb CO2 bottle takes up too much real estate inside so I want to move it out. I know I could drill through the door, but I'd be much happier going through the side.

Any one possibly have any input on the original post topic? I'd like to take a step further and run my taps through the side if I can avoid hitting any coils. Hoping someone has some design experience with amana fridge. Google only turns up parts diagrams, nothing about coil design/location

Is it possible for you to be more specific regarding the model #? There are many that fit your description.

Yeah - I wasn't able to find anything either. I think your best solution in this case to use the corn starch and alcohol method to discover the lines. Me, I replaced the door shelving with a sheet of 1/8" plastic and then drilled through that for my shanks.

I do not have the fridge you have, but I was also worried about making a random hole on the side of the fridge. Mine is an older fridge as well and actually had a little strip of metal that holds the shelf’s up screwed on the side of the fridge. This strip of metal, has holes in it that you insert the shelf’s into. Anyways this strip was screwed onto the side of the shelf using 3 screws, I figured if they screwed these screws into the side of the fridge then there must not be any danger of hitting a wire at that location. Basically I took of the strip off and used the holes where the screw used to be to drill the CO2 line hose.

Worked like a charm! Hopefully you have something similar.

Edit:

fridge.png

I found a diagram of your model fridge and you should be golden. If the following picture justifies your situation then it is exactly like mine.

0gnw9tv519-1.gif

I'm trying to do something a lil more involved, the original poster just needed a hole for a o2 line so sticking to the edge is a solution. I want to put 3 taps through the center of the side.

Any more info on the corn starch alcohol solution method? I think I get the gist of it bit additional detail is always good

[ame]http://youtu.be/XV8Pb7d5nZI[/ame]

This guy gives a good tutorial, though I do not know if it will work on the side of the fridge.

Back