What are they thinking ? (Pushing US on Canadian hockey fans)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewman !

Reaction score
Anyone watch NHL hockey games in Canada and notice the Coors Light and Bud Light beer commercials ? And the lack of Labatts and Molson beer commercials ? What gives ?

AB bought Molson, right ? And now they think they can push Bud light on us ? Wow.

brewman ! said:
Anyone watch NHL hockey games in Canada and notice the Coors Light and Bud Light beer commercials ? And the lack of Labatts and Molson beer commercials ? What gives ?

AB bought Molson, right ? And now they think they can push Bud light on us ? Wow.
Us Americans obviously make better beer than Canadians. It is for your own good.

;) :D

Truthfully, I don't find Canadian beers to be all that great. But the US big brewery beers are downright terrible.

brewman ! said:
Anyone watch NHL hockey games in Canada and notice the Coors Light and Bud Light beer commercials ? .

Mass marketing sells.

Ha , I just love some of their commercials, and while I don't particularly like either Bud or Coors, there are some mega brews from the states I can drink.

I just watched the Calgary-Detroit game and they did it again on CBC. Adds for Coors Light and Bud Light. (Lite?) Sucky beers ! Molson has an add with the guy tied up for dissing Canadians for not knowing much about beer. Whatever happened to the Labbatts, Molson and Kokeny commercials ?

It was bad enough when it was just Molson and Labatts, but now with Coors and Budweiser in the market, its WORSE.

Thank God I'm a homebrewer !

http://www.dominionpaper.ca/business/2006/01/26/the_battle.html

brewman ! said:
I just watched the Calgary-Detroit game and they did it again on CBC. Adds for Coors Light and Bud Light. (Lite?) Sucky beers ! Molson has an add with the guy tied up for dissing Canadians for not knowing much about beer. Whatever happened to the Labbatts, Molson and Kokeny commercials ?

It was bad enough when it was just Molson and Labatts, but now with Coors and Budweiser in the market, its WORSE.

Thank God I'm a homebrewer !

http://www.dominionpaper.ca/business/2006/01/26/the_battle.html
Isn't Coors owned by Molsen or is it the other way around?

I noticed that Coors is giving away a baseball cap in its 24 packs of beer now. It seems they will do ANYTHING to sell their product in Canada.

What a bunch of crap. If we wanted watered down flavorless beer, we would buy it. It makes me mad that big American corporations come into Canada, hog the commercial time and push their crappy beers on us. I didn't see a single Labatts commercial the whole time. Not that I'm a Labatts fan, but at least it wasn't Coors Lite. How stupid.

What's next ? I bet they quit brewing Old Style Pilsner.

I hate to admit it but you Canadians are right lol. La Batt isn't the best product in the world, but it beats the hell out of BMC. The large American beer companies do one thing well though and that is market. They will probably corner the Canadian market soon too b/c I'm guessing most beer drinkers north of the border are just like the ones here in the states and listen to commercials rather than their taste buds.

Back