Brew day in GR MI 4-4-09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to be brewing tomorrow (I know, should have posted earlier) I'm testing out my 1bbl system with 37 gallons of an APA.

If you would like to stop by just pm me and I'll give you the address.
Start time is 8 am til - 8 pm

man i had a good time today troy! that system of yours is freaking sick, was wondering if you could speed the process of the sparge upa bit though.

waiting for the pics now!

man i had a good time today troy! that system of yours is freaking sick, was wondering if you could speed the process of the sparge upa bit though.

waiting for the pics now!

what, speed it up. Is the 2 hours not fast enough for you? :D
Yeah the next one will be a little faster. well as long as my ADD does not kick in again and I get side tracked. lol

It was great to meet you and brew with you. Hope to do it again some day.

what, speed it up. Is the 2 hours not fast enough for you? :D
Yeah the next one will be a little faster. well as long as my ADD does not kick in again and I get side tracked. lol

It was great to meet you and brew with you. Hope to do it again some day.

well since i did a 5g batch in the time between you mashing in and finishing your sparge yeah i think it could be speeded up a little bit:D

had a good time yesterday fsr402. wish i'd gotten the message about open areas for brewing before i'd left home tho, i so wanted to be brewing! how did eric's second batch come out? was wondering if we got our calcs right or not on how much of the DME to add to the last runnings from your beer. did you hit your target volumes/OG?

ps hows your head today?

next time you guys are brewing give a good lead time and i'll bring some other brewers from down here.

I hit my numbers right on. Thought that maybe I was low on the OG but when I got home and inputted it into Beersmith it was right. So I hit the 75% that I had guessed at and got the OG of 1.096.
When all was said and done we put 62 gallons of barleywine into the basement :rockin:

The 2nd running's beer was right on also.

Dude my head has been killing me all day. I woke up with a huge headache and took some meds then I had to help judge that beer comp and it just never went away.

Oh and I sneaked a look at my score at the comp. My 999BW scored a 40. :D

with as much beer as was being passed around i'd be suprised if anyone there had a clear head today. that doesn't even include all the wines that eric was passing out.

with as much beer as was being passed around i'd be suprised if anyone there had a clear head today. that doesn't even include all the wines that eric was passing out.

After I left there at 6:30 I went to Mikes for dinner and drank at leat 10 more before going home to bed. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back