What commercial beers are in your 'fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fridge is pretty loaded up with homebrews and micros but I have 2 more guys on their way over to brew/drink/play foosball all night. I'm sure tomorrow will be a whole different story.

3 DFH Palo Santo Marron
3 DFH Burton Baton
6 DFH 90
4 Anderson Valley Hop Ottin IPA
2 AA Brewing Olde 22
6 Bells Hop Slam
3 Edmund Fitzgerald
4 Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
3 Nort Coast Old Rasputin
1 Dark Horse Scotty Karate

And.....a bunch of hb!

Haven't updated this in a while, so here goes:

Ithaca Mix Pack (Cascazilla, Pale, Brown, Fruit-Wheat)
Troegs Nugget Nectar
SN Celebration Ale
Various Ommegang Brews (Hennepin, Rare Vos, 3 Philosophers)

Then a few one offs: Lost Abbey Lost & Found 25oz, DFH WW Stout (3-Years Old Now, only been refridgerated for the last month in anticipation of drinking), DFH 120 Minute IPA (at least 1-year old, was cellared until a couple weeks ago as well), and some Bourbon-aged Oatmeal Stout from a small micro, and X (10th Anniversary) Middle Ages IPA.

Large bottle of Chimay Blue, 3 Blue Lights, 1 Bottle my chocolate stout, 6 bottles my IPA, 1 bottle my Honey Creamsicle Ale. And a wonderful 12 mix pack of Saranac(-4 that I had last night)

It's interesting, everytime I have a "get together" my friends bring Sierra Nevada and Pacifico, then proceed to drink my beer. Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing, it's just interesting. Right now I have 1.5 cases of SN Pale Ale and a 12er of Pacifico in my other fridge. Good stuff since tailgate season is about to start!

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Otter Creek Spring Ale
Dogfish Head 90 Min
Dogfish Head 60 min
Red Hook Blonde Ale
Southern Tier Summer Wheat
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Sam Adams Boston Ale

Home Brew: WTF Wheat & Bare Hill Blueberry Wheat

Right now, I have:

1 leftover Leinenkugel Berry Weiss (meh)
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot (yum)
Denver Pale Ale (yuck - I have yet to drink a beer from Great Divide that is good)
Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
Hazed and Infused (yum)
Brooklyn Lager (yum)
no homebrew, but I am getting ready to chill some ESB that is overcarbonated already after a week.

Just Restocked on sunday, 12 Pack of Flying Dog In heat Wheat, 12 Pack of Bell's 2 hearted and thank god its Finally back 2X 12 pack of OBERON!:rockin:

Got some new brews (Haven't tried any of these yet!):
Sierra Nevada - ESB
Orkney - Skull Splitter
Otter Creek - Spring Ale (Kolsch)
DogfishHead - 90 min IPA
Carlsberg - Elephant

in addition to what is still hanging on:
Dos Equis - Amber
Anchor - Bock
Geary's - Hampshire Special Ale

Most recent addition to the fridge is a case of Lagunitas IPA. At under 6% and a slight bit modest in the in-your-face hop department, IPA is perhaps a favorable description since it's a bit more APA and "sessionalbe" than the typical 6%+ IPA.

i stopped buying when i started homebrew, but people bring stuff over and currently i'm packing:

- rolling rock (actually the last i bought myself)
- budweiser select
- victory golden monkey (i hate it, another donation from my friend who hates it even more)
- smirnoff ice

a motley crew indeed

Tonight I'm drinking Bell's Expedition that has aged over a year. Not a huge fan though. I think this one was better fresh despite Bell's claim that this should be aged like a port. I'm guessing I'm in the minority here.

I have 4 bottles of Guiness, but I haven't bought much commerical beer since completing my kegerator.

I also have two bottles of Miller Chill in my fridge, unfortunately. I think my mom left them there. I pride myself in not beeing a beer snob, but I just can't bring myself to drink them. I also can't bring myself to throw them out, because they are a substance that is not entirely unlike real beer.

brewt00l said:
Most recent addition to the fridge is a case of Lagunitas IPA. At under 6% and a slight bit modest in the in-your-face hop department, IPA is perhaps a favorable description since it's a bit more APA and "sessionalbe" than the typical 6%+ IPA.

Lagunitas is my hometown brewery and their IPA is a staple in these parts, though I tend to agree with brewt00l that it's not everything you think of when you hear IPA. Currently in my fridge is a group of bombers of their "Sonoma Farmhouse" label Hop Stoopid, a double IPA that definitely gets the hops in your face. I remember one night where I (uncautionably) drank 2 or 3 of these. It was like eating too much garlic -- I felt like the hop aromas were coming out of my skin for the next couple of days.

brewt00l, if you're interested in some Lagunitas or other quality Bay Area beers, we can talk. I have spent a bit of time in the Lancaster/Lebanon county area for work and had the chance to sample quite a few of the fine beers the region has to offer. We can't get Troegs, Sly Fox or Dogfish in these parts. I was particularly impressed with Sly Fox's single hop IPA series and their Pale Ale and Pilsner in cans. I still remember leaving their brewpub on the way to the airport and stuffing those cans into my luggage in the parking lot.

Also in my fridge is the remainders of a 6-pack of newcastle which I purchased the weekend I brewed my first batch of Orfy's Mild-Mannered Ale -- wanted to remind myself what brown was about. It didn't do much to convince me that this is a style I'm really into (no offense to the hardcore newcastle fans out there).

BakerStreetBeers said:
brewt00l, if you're interested in some Lagunitas or other quality Bay Area beers, we can talk. I have spent a bit of time in the Lancaster/Lebanon county area for work and had the chance to sample quite a few of the fine beers the region has to offer. We can't get Troegs, Sly Fox or Dogfish in these parts. I was particularly impressed with Sly Fox's single hop IPA series and their Pale Ale and Pilsner in cans. I still remember leaving their brewpub on the way to the airport and stuffing those cans into my luggage in the parking lot.

I appreciate the offer and I will keep it in mind after I ship out my 888. We get a pretty wide assortment of Lagunitas, and cali brews in general, here and I have had Brown Sugga, Lucky 13, Lumpy Gravy, Cappuccino Stout, Kill Ugly Radio. I think that Lucky 13 and Lumpy Gravy have been my favorite Lagunitas brews to date. Just did a recent west coast trade for some Ale Smith, Ballast Point (who just started distributing to PA) and Oggis. Ale Smith was a definite standout.

Stopped into 99 Bottles in Federal Way, WA today and felt like a kid in a candy store. Just to keep it easy I stuck with beers made in the USA. Here is what I added to my inventory.....

Avery Mephistopheles Imperial Stout (10 bucks for a 12oz, but Evan! swears it's the best RIS out there)

Dick's Imperial Stout
Dick's Barleywine
(Dick's is a small brewery in Centralia WA)

Dogfish Head Burton Baton IPA
Dogfish Head Midas Touch (I have to try it once)

Avery Collaboration not Litigation Ale
Butte Creek Train Wreck Barleywine
Lagunitas Gnarlywine
Allagash Four (Quadruple)
Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence

Looking forward to sampling these guys.

Pomegranate Wheat - Ft. Collins Brewing
Double hoped IPA - Breckenridge Brewery
Dos EquisXX (Per EdWort)
Fat Tire - New Belgium Brewing Co
SWMBO's Fat Tire Clone. (not commercial, but it's why I have the fat tire)

I just grabbed some Gulden Draak and a six pack of New Castle. Surprisingly I had never had New Castle up until this point. Usually I buy local microbrews, like Howe Sound, Phillips, KB, Granville Island or Tree Brewing. As well, Grolsh's usually find their way into the fridge.

Two Brothers Cane & Abel
Southern Tier IPA
Acme Pale Ale
Lebbe Amalthée

Updated List, I have been out shopping!:

Allagash Dubbel
O'Hara's Red
Wachusetts Quinn's Ale
Dos Equis Amber
ABC Water Gap Wheat
Sierra Nevada ESB
Lagunitas Pils
Abita Ammber

2 Arrogant Bastard

1 Ruination

1 Russian Imp Stout

12 pack of Carona

12 pack of Labatts blue

1 hop rod rye , had 2 but someone drank it last night and it wasnt me

And a few of my brews.

Update:

Bell's Amber Ale
Stouds American Pale Ale
Stouds Scarlet Lady ESB
He'Brew Jewbelation 22oz
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale 22oz
Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale 5 x 12oz
Stone Dead Guy Ale 64oz

Bored at work over lunch break, so from my memory.
New Glarus: Spotted Cow, Saison (Thumbprint), Dancing Man Wheat, Naked, IIPA (thumbprint)
Sierra Nevada Torpedo
Schlafly's Barleywine
Ale Asylum's Bedlam
Bell's Two Hearted
Almost forgot Founder's Porter

Some tennents lager in the fridge - left over from a bbq we had a week or two ago

Mcewans champion, harviestoun old engine oil and some Abbot Ale in the cupboard

Pretty scarse right now.

Ninkasi Imperiale (currently aging right now)
Rogue Maple Bacon Ale (been sipping on it for a couple days, hard beer to sit and drink really)
And 5 Widmer Okto

Southern Tier 2X IPA
Southern Tier Imperial Black Ale
Southern Tier Unearthly
Alesmith X
Harpoon Leviathan
Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Sam's Summer Ale

It always varies and I have a scattered few of:
90 minute IPA
La Fin Du Monde
Maudite
Founder's Double Trouble
SN Kellerweis
Bell's Two Hearted
Ommegang Abbey
Hennepin
Three Philosophers

velorider11 said:
It always varies and I have a scattered few of:
90 minute IPA
La Fin Du Monde
Maudite
Founder's Double Trouble
SN Kellerweis
Bell's Two Hearted
Ommegang Abbey
Hennepin
Three Philosophers

Finally tried 3 Philosophers this weekend, man that stuff is good.

Maine Peeper Ale... super hoppy, dry, and aromatic at 5.5%... even more so than most DIPAs.

Cisco Lady of the Woods... super sour, dry, low abv, and complex... even more so than the Russian River sours.

Sixpoint Brownstone and Elysian Night Owl... my favorite of the 2012 readily available brown and pumpkin ales.

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
3 Floyds Zombie Dust
Sixpoint Resin
Founders Breakfast Stout
3 Floyds Moloko
Columbus IPA
The Brew Kettle White Rajah
And I think someone left a Fat Tire in there, been there since I moved in August

Mine:

Unibroue 17th Anniversary Grande Reserve
Jolly Pumpkin ES Bam
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Brooklyn Monster Ale

SWMBO's:

Unibroue Quelque Chose
Short's Key Lime Pie

The rest is homebrew :rockin:

Back