Local Swap-o-Rama #2, Bomber style!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather than saying just cans I would recommend an oz. limit. That way it I up to the sender what they feel is BEST to send not necessarily what is cheapest.

The spirit of these swaps are generosity and what is awesome in your local area. If that isn't what someone is looking for they should move on.

Just an update, last package is still expected to land on Monday. Sooo.....expect a new swap-o-rama to start sometime after that. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

There will be a volume minimum I think. I didn't really like the $ limit/max idea I tried this time, so if there is a $ limit again, it won't be till after a few more swaps. I will, however, ask for one style that you absolutely do not want and pass that along to your sender. Anything else will be fair game. I still don't know what the theme will be yet haha, I'll figure it out.

Guys, I just had to share this with everyone:

Found this mystery box on my doorstep today when I arrived home:

image-107122366.jpg

It was filled with these tasty looking beers from two unknown (to me) Illinois breweries:

image-3589862256.jpg

My suspicions were confirmed by PM; this box was sent by TheMan himself! I was the guy in Round 1 whose sender... Had other priorities... And Justin didn't want me to go without! Thanks Justin, you ARE TheMan, and this:

dotJerdot said:
The spirit of these swaps are generosity and what is awesome in your local area.

Says it all!

Cheers! :mug: :mug: :mug:

TheMan said:
Just an update, last package is still expected to land on Monday. Sooo.....expect a new swap-o-rama to start sometime after that. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

There will be a volume minimum I think. I didn't really like the $ limit/max idea I tried this time, so if there is a $ limit again, it won't be till after a few more swaps. I will, however, ask for one style that you absolutely do not want and pass that along to your sender. Anything else will be fair game. I still don't know what the theme will be yet haha, I'll figure it out.

I'm not sure we need a theme. You have a volume limit for awesome local beer the other guy can't get. Sounds like its covered.

I'm not sure we need a theme. You have a volume limit for awesome local beer the other guy can't get. Sounds like its covered.

Well, that's basically one of the potential "themes" I was thinking of. Any beer, just a volume limit.

I learned through these swaps that there's a Brewery out near PA called The Brewers Art that only brews Belgians and cans everything. Also Brewery Vivant out if MI only brews Belgians and cans their beers.

But I do agree with you about limiting the opportunity to send the best beer available.

I would love to try a Belgian in a can. I felt like there may have been one or two but was very skeptical.

MrNickVT said:
I think there are rules that would make you ineligible.

I've read the rules, and understand why they are in place. But it doesn't squash my desire to get in anyways! One day I'll trade my Noob badge in for the Veterans badge, just waiting out my time!

I would like to get in on the next round too. I just completed my first private trade. Sent out two Heady's and others in exchange for some Pliny.

Powhatan said:
I've read the rules, and understand why they are in place. But it doesn't squash my desire to get in anyways! One day I'll trade my Noob badge in for the Veterans badge, just waiting out my time!

Post, post, post. Get involved!! :)

coldcrash said:
Glad they all made it to you in good shape. Enjoy!

image-2928990522.jpg

Finally get to drink some if the brews from the swap. This brew has an interesting taste. Good stuff.

image-1066754723.jpg

What! Another sneak attack!

Surprise package from 427Cobra! Thanks man! Great beer karma on you for sure! :rockin:

What's the hb?

TheMan said:
I will create a new thread for the next swap, that's where you can join in. Keep an eye out for it.

I will try to post it tonight!

Wow The Man is really burning the midnight oil eh? HA!!!

Edit for clarification

Wow The Man is really burning the midnight oil eh? HA!!!

Edit for clarification

haha, well, i will be pretty busy in the coming weeks. If I don't start up the next one now then it might be a little till I can host another. I enjoy doing this though. And I know everyone else has fun with it.

Since Tedsexcellentadventure says a package has arrived, I'm willing to get the next one started. I'm literally going to start it NOW...as in, starting the thread right after I finish this sentence...look for it in about 10 minutes (hopefully).

coldcrash said:
What! Another sneak attack!

Surprise package from 427Cobra! Thanks man! Great beer karma on you for sure! :rockin:

What's the hb?

Glad they made it! Thought it was awesome how you never made a stink when you got shafted in the last swap. Wanted to do more just a little tough at the moment. Plus our distro is basically the same!

Not sure if you have had Head Hunter yet but it's a way under mentioned IPA. HB is just a stout. It's my last extract before going all grain so a little rough around the edges.

Enjoy!

Glad they made it! Thought it was awesome how you never made a stink when you got shafted in the last swap. Wanted to do more just a little tough at the moment. Plus our distro is basically the same!

Not sure if you have had Head Hunter yet but it's a way under mentioned IPA. HB is just a stout. It's my last extract before going all grain so a little rough around the edges.

Enjoy!

Not expected and much appreciated. This is far more than you needed to do (which was nothing). This is awesome.

Never had anything by Fatheads, so looking forward to that for sure, as well as the other two.

Thanks again! :mug:

Not expected and much appreciated. This is far more than you needed to do (which was nothing). This is awesome.

Never had anything by Fatheads, so looking forward to that for sure, as well as the other two.

Thanks again! :mug:

Head Hunter is a KILLER ipa. Good stuff!

Finally back from Wisconsin, opened up a present from Washington :-D, can't wait to get out of work and try some of these bad boys, thanks Jared!

image-3654291674.jpg

TedsExcellentAdventure said:
Finally back from Wisconsin, opened up a present from Washington :-D, can't wait to get out of work and try some of these bad boys, thanks Jared!

Awesome. Looks like you have some great stuff to drink.

Back