My Blichmann Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
Just finished her up tonight, dam these Blichmann weldless fittings rock. If i can give any advice on this build, spend the 40 bucks on a good step bit. mine cut like butter leaving a flawless exact hole size. Just go slow with even pressure, and with some type of lubricant its as easy as pie.. Now time to do 2 more...lol

These are the same fittings on a blichmann kettle, but doing it myself I saved over half. I have my gallon markings on the inside that I just took a die grinder to etch in the side wall. Alot easier than putting in a sight glass, looks cleaner to I think...

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Good looking! Is that a brand new keg? It looks like a factory finish. At what volume level is your thermometer located? If they photograph well, can you show the gallon markings?

Cool didn't know the sold those separately

Blichmann sells every piece individually from anything they make except the electronics in the Tower of Power. Any LHBS that sells Blichmann can order you any part. I know because I work at a LHBS that sells a LOT of Blichmann stuff.

If people are looking for new kegs, find a small local brewery and ask them to sell you one or order you one from their distributor. It's an easy way to get a new keg. They aren't cheap though...

You've answered all questions except where you got the keg. I'd like the find a new one if possible. Source? Or did you clean one up that good?

You've answered all questions except where you got the keg. I'd like the find a new one if possible. Source? Or did you clean one up that good?

I found it on the back of a scrap guys truck. I bought it from him before it hit the yard. I cleaned it up, it was pretty nasty.

I found it on the back of a scrap guys truck. I bought it from him before it hit the yard. I cleaned it up, it was pretty nasty.

Yeah, I've got a friend that deals with scrap metal. I've got him on the look out for a old keg. I am having the hardest time finding them....

Latest posts

Back