im a week out from bottling my first batch, need some instruction.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuffTheTaxidermist

Reaction score
im about a week out from bottling my first batch. its been in primary for little more than 15 days, so im hoping this saturday, its 3 week fermentation date, will be bottle day. im looking for your step by step advice on bottling.

ive read different ways to prime the bottle, in bottle vs in beer prior to bottling... sanitize caps, dont sanitize caps... basically id love a link to proper bottling video's or an explanation of what you do and why. thank you all so much.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bottling-tips-homebrewer-94812/

That, then don't touch it for AT LEAST 2 weeks. Three is better. Sanitize anything that could think about touching the beer. Basically, beer needs to make it into the bottle in a clean way with priming sugar, and the caps need a nice seal. As far as how you do it, as long as it works it's ok, some ways are just easier than others.

Yep, and I wish I would have had Revvy's write up before bottling my first batch('s). After plenty of trial and error, the way I'm doing it now is way close to his. I did however pick up his trick for the bottling bucket pickup tube - works perfectly and is SO much easier than playing the balance the bucket game to get all the goods from the bottom.

I have a 2 part bottling video on my youtube channel,same name as here. It shows how everything's in arms reach,bottle tree & vinator,tips,etc.

Back