So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BM's Cream of 3 Crops is boiling right now. Mild tomorrow.

Man I love me some weekday, distraction free brewing. Just me, the dog and a pot of coffee.

Monthly brew day in Hobbs, NM...looks like 5 brewers. Belgian White, Lemongrass Wheat, Sweet Stout, Autumn Amber and Irish Red. Good times! :rockin:

Sometime between tomorrow & Monday I've got to turn over & refill my five fermenters (lagering #6).
Kegging Saison & DFH90ish, bottling Kolsch-ish, blonde & robust porter, then brewing:
10gal of Belgian Saffron Tripel, split b/w three fermenters/different yeasts
6gal of Rogue Somer Honey Ale-ish
6gal of Lake Walk Pale Ale

Can't wait... I literally have 6-7 bottles of homebrew left :( :( Panic mode!

This weekend I'll be doing a 5 gal batch of Cream Ale (never tried it; I've heard it's a good summer 'lawnmower' beer), and possibly either another round of Saison or Bavarian Dunkel. Need to get some stock in kegs for when I finish my kegerator!
... of course, I'll probably wait on the Dunkel until I move my one full keg into said kegerator from my lagering cooler (where it's being stored currently).

Some sort of SMaSH, depends on what is available from the LHBS (it is always a mystery what hops they will have in stock).

Got my mm2.0 this week so excited to see if a better crush helps my efficiency.

I made a bunch of mild today. As soon as I hit my volume target there was enough quality wort leftover to spike 4 gallons on the stove with 4oz of cocoa powder and .75 oz of fresh mint late in the boil. We"ll see how that one goes...

Double brew day tomorrow...possibly a triple batch if bottling doesn't get in the way to much. Brewing my Pomona Ale to start, followed by BoPils experimental that turned into a disaster (at least when I tasted it at bottling...going to age it for a LONG time) and if all goes well, I'll finish with my 90 Minute NAPA.

May throw together something this weekend - gonna pick up some grain from a group buy. Maybe a simple wheat beer...

Going to try the Bourbon Barrel Porter from NB tonite. Made a starter last night for the 1st time and this will also be the 1st time using a fermentation cooler... aka 60qt Igloo cooler.

Brewing my very own recipe for the first time today. Let me know what you think!

James' Pale Ale:

8.5 lb 2-row
1.5 lb Crystal 30
1.5 lb Vienna

.75 Galena (60 min)
.50 Palisade (30 min)
.50 Ahtanum (15 min)
.50 Ahtanum (10 min)

Expected OG: 1.056
Expected IBU: 50

Already mashed in at 152, thoughts on hop schedule and how it will turn out?

thanks!

Just started the starter for a saison I'm brewing tomorrow. This bad boy is coming in with an OG of 1.065 and will finish at 7.0% ABV. Thinking about adding 2 Tbs orange zest. What do you think?

NB Dry Dock Paragon Apricot Blonde...and cracking open my first brew: WB Belgian Wit. Here's hoping for a big smile on my face with the first sip.
Susie
:mug:

Belgian white tomorrow...

my boddingtons clone was so perfect I'll be doing that recipe again next week for sure! Tapped 4 fresh kegs in my kegerator for a party last weekend to christen my new keezer and that keg disappeared! (wish I could say the same about my honey ale)

Yeah Baby, Red Ale

My DME batch of Red Ale was very good, this will be AG, only my third AG batch. I'm so stoked :rockin:

Toy4Rick

Brewing my very own recipe for the first time today. Let me know what you think!

James' Pale Ale:

8.5 lb 2-row
1.5 lb Crystal 30
1.5 lb Vienna

.75 Galena (60 min)
.50 Palisade (30 min)
.50 Ahtanum (15 min)
.50 Ahtanum (10 min)

Expected OG: 1.056
Expected IBU: 50

Already mashed in at 152, thoughts on hop schedule and how it will turn out?

thanks!

James,

Better send me a growler and a cigar. The growler is for honest feedback and the cigar is for better than honest feedback ;)

Bottled a Belgian pale ale last night (which was delicious out of the fermenter) and I'm brewing up the Brewing Classic Styles blonde ale today. It is chilling as we speak. I use a pond pump submerged in ice water once I get it to around 90F but, even so, chilling wort in these south GA summers takes a long damn time!

Oh, and that BPA I bottled was also from BCS.

Brewed an IPA today. First brew day in several months, felt good. No problems, SWMBO was out of the house so I cracked up the tunes.

eBIAB'ing the AHS Stone IPA. Boiling away right now. Great smelling hop tea! Also enjoying an all centennial IPA that I kegged about a month ago (pic). Cranked up the pressure and the extra carbonation really suits the style... I need to remember to do that.

image-2325157340.jpg

Yesterday I started a milk stout from NB.

The sound of carbon dioxide exiting blow off makes me happy. Almost rhythmic enough to make me fall asleep.

Back