I think My Keg Blew UP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dilligans

Reaction score
Yea I had a nice day out with the wife. We went around looking at home improvement supplies. Well we got home and I was tired. I was excited that I had a whole keg of AG Belgin Wit in the fridge.. I got a nice frosted glass and then a slice of an orange. I opened up the fridge and their was beer all over the place. What happened ? did the keg explode? thats what I thought. So I took out the empty keg and looked it over, seals good, keg still had a little pressure in it. WTF happened. me being lazy decided to hook it up to a picnic hose. Left in in the fridge for a few hours connected to the co2. Well some how the picnic faucet fell down and emptied the beer out.. Been waiting weeks to drink this.. What a ****ty day.. guess I will just have to have a sam adams.

Well, that's pretty much the saddest thing I've read all day :(
My next pour will be in honor of your demised brew and your loss. In fact, I'll go pour it right now...

...and here it is, a nice chewy Triple Chocolate Honey Imperial Stout.
triple_chocolate_stout_sm.jpg

Damn, that's yummy! And here's to a better tomorrow for you!

Now go brew a fresh batch! Time's a wastin'!

Cheers! ;)

I punch a hole in a plastic disposable beer cup and strap it to the handle of my keg to act as a holster for the picnic tap.

Keeps the triggers out of harms way.

P.S. Make sure the cap on the trigger assembly is screwed on tight on the picnic tap.

oh man, kegging seems to be more complicated than I anticipated...i was hoping it was just hook the keg up, shoot in some co2, drink. seems like theres more to it than that

Latest posts

Back