My stand is powder coated, yeahhh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bajabrewer7

Reaction score
So finally got back my stand after powder coating, here it is:

r5BQp.jpg

Friend of mine did the coating, I just received my (3) 6" burners from agrisupply, manifold will be built tomorrow, FIRST ALL GRAIN brewing session scheduled for this saturday, Orfy's Hobgoblin II.

I still haven't received my pump but I'll go at it anyways, using my old aluminum boil kettle to transfer the liquids between containers, hopefully my plate chiller will work with gravity. Thanks to everyone who has posted here as this has been my main source for knowledge on doing this!

Stand looks terrific.

Plate chiller will work fine if you maximize the flow rate of your chilling water (and get it as cold as you can). Decrease the flow of wort through it.

Orfy's Hobgoblin II is great. I made a batch last year. Very very tasty. Good luck with your AG.

Thanks, you guys! hopefully the water will be cold enough; I'll do a test run with water, if not, i'll run the water through my copper chiller on ice first, that should do the trick!

Baja,

Enjoy your powder coat now; because, once you fire up your burners, set the kettles on the frame, it will be ruined. Trust me, the area around where your kettles touch the frame will bubble, melt, then rust. Just giving you heads up. Looks awesome though.
Snake10

nice stand. I just finished putting my stand together and ended up painting with high temp paint. first use will be this weekend. Good luck with the stand.

Baja,

Enjoy your powder coat now; because, once you fire up your burners, set the kettles on the frame, it will be ruined. Trust me, the area around where your kettles touch the frame will bubble, melt, then rust. Just giving you heads up. Looks awesome though.
Snake10

Wow, way to bring the room down. ;) haha

I know where your coming from though, looks all pretty and first time its used it goes to ****! Oh well its just a brew stand. Which reminds me its time for me to re-paint mine.

Snake10

No worries, with that Apple decal on the truck we already know he cares more about form than function :D

I didn't mean to degrade his stand at all. I just hope he avoids making the mistake i made "testing before completed". My stand experienced the definition of "melt down"!
I fixed it with stainless, baffle inserts. In the last picture look at the middle burner. You will see some silver paint covering up my day of initial testing. All's good now.
Snake10

IMG_2041.JPG.jpg

IMG_2050.JPG.jpg

IMG_2172.JPG.jpg

haha, I know that the top wont last with the fire and all, made it clear to my friend who powder coated it, "well, we'll paint it again!" is all he said, so I'm not worried at all!

strat_thru_marshall: Thank you for the design! Will def. take lots of pictures once I mount the burners and fire it up! Even though I have no idea how I'll mount the 6" burners I went with... I'm sure I'll manage.

Randar: haha, even though that's not my truck, I AM an Apple fan! but with my stand: it'll look good but work even better! (I hope)

Back