What is wrong with these people??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Not sure if any of you follow these lunatics, its the same church that protest solders funerals. I am at a lose for words.

[ame="http://www.filecabi.net/video/vatechmassacre04.html"]http://www.filecabi.net/video/vatechmassacre04.html[/ame]

WACKO! Everything seems to deal with "persecuting westboro baptist church." Oh yeah, that's the center of god's universe. This old kook needs to get a life and get the giant homophobic chip off his shoulder. I bet he likes to take it up the old hershey highway and feels guilty about it.

Sad to think some people actually listen to this crap and believe it.

I only watched a couple minutes, it's al I could stomach. It only goes to show that the Muslim extremists aren't the only ones using religion as an excuse for hate, violence and murder.

They came up to my town a couple of years ago to protest a local high school nominating a lesbian couple as "Best Couple". Full of humor that church group was.

I did not/will not watch the link but I am fairly certain I unfortunately know who it is.

Could it be the slimey scumball Rev. Felch (or Phelps as he calls himself)

just thinking about him makes me want to wretch. :mad:

I like the pic of the little kid giving someone the finger....

That guy is an oxygen thief! What a waste of humanism. It's sad that some people have to hide behind religion to try and make a point. He makes real christians look bad.

There is no question that God has punished many groups of people throughout history because they have turned their backs on Him.

However, this guy is a lunatic. There is nothing Christlike about his logic, his comments, or his message.

God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world. Even guys like this idiot.

Uuuuuhhhhhhh.......At a loss for words after that one, but I will say that I hope that people around here have a little more sence than to buy into any of that nonsence, It is just ignorant in my mind.

It's a money making scam believe it or not . . .

What most people dont know is that more then a couple of them are lawyers. They show up get you all pissed off and then you do something stupid. They turn around and sue the hell out of you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps
Civil Rights Attorney
Phelps earned a law degree from Washburn University in 1962, and founded the Phelps Chartered law firm in 1964. The first notable cases were of a civil rights nature. "I systematically brought down the Jim Crow laws of this town," he says.[9] Phelps' daughter was quoted as saying, "We took on the Jim Crow establishment, and Kansas did not take that sitting down. They used to shoot our car windows out, screaming we were ****** lovers," and that the Phelps law firm made up one-third of the state’s federal docket of civil-rights cases.[12]

Phelps took cases on behalf of African American clients alleging discrimination by school systems, and a predominately black American Legion post which had been raided by police, alleging racially-based police abuse. Phelps' law firm obtained settlements for some clients.[13] Phelps also sued then-President Ronald Reagan over Reagan's appointment of a U.S. ambassador to the Vatican, alleging this violated separation of church and state. The case was dismissed by the U.S. District court.[13] Phelps' law firm, staffed by himself and family members also represented non-white Kansans in discrimination actions against Kansas Power and Light, Southwestern Bell, and the Topeka City Attorney, and represented two female professors alleging discrimination in Kansas universities.[12]

In the 1980s Fred Phelps received awards from the Greater Kansas City Chapter of Blacks in Government and the Bonner Springs branch of the NAACP for his work on behalf of Black clients.[14]

Phelps Chartered also won one of the first reverse discrimination cases.[15]

Pumbaa said:
It's a money making scam believe it or not . . .

What most people dont know is that more then a couple of them are lawyers. They show up get you all pissed off and then you do something stupid. They turn around and sue the hell out of you.

Interesting I never knew that. I have to say god forbid that something happens to one of my friends in Iraq, and those ass holes showed up, I would hurt some people. They can sue all the want.

Ryanh1801 said:
Interesting I never knew that. I have to say god forbid that something happens to one of my friends in Iraq, and those ass holes showed up, I would hurt some people. They can sue all the want.

I have 2 thoughts on your comment . . .

1. I am a firm believer if you are going to be getting yourself into trouble you may as well do it right. What I mean is dont get in trouble for something little . . . if you're going to be neck deep in sh*t no matter what go big or go home.

2. You ever see that "Married with Children" episode where AL gets sued buy a bugler that he eat up while the bugler was breaking into his house? Al lost (of course) adn had to give the guy something like $20,000 . . . Well we all know Al doesn't have $20,000 so he asked the Judge something like

Al: "Let me get this straight. I have to pay this guy $20,000 that I cant pay because he broke into my house and I beat himup?"

Judge: "Thats right Mr. Bundy"

Al: "Well what the hell . . . Lets make it $40,000"
<Al starts being the guys a55 again>

Yeah if these guys showed up at a funeral I was attending You'ld be seeing me again in about 20years to Life (out in 7 with good behavior)
I've always sort of wanted to have been charged with "Mayhem" . . . just sounds cool.
If I have to be a criminal that would be the charge I want. . . or Bootlegger . . . or Pirate . . . Assassin is cool too (has a55 in it twice :D )

Back