Mark's Keg and Carboy Cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninner73

Reaction score
Any one have or used Mark's Keg and Carboy Cleaner? Looking for input I may purchase one. At $140.00 it may be cheaper in the long run to purchase it instead of building one. Until I buy the pump and hardware, time is money also, i'm thinking $100ish (good pump is $70-90) to build plus time. Spoke to people at my local homebrew store, they said cleaning/sanitizing kegs it works like a charm, carboys not so good, cleaning dry crusty yeast at top of carboy hard to get off.
Anyone who has used on of these please post a quick review.
Thanks

http://morebeer.com/view_product/11869/102254/Keg_Carboy_Washer

I've seen the DIY ones before but really.....a garden hose, some oxyclean and a carboy brush works great. As for kegs I just fill them with hot water and oxyclean and voila! Sparkly clean.

I purchaed Mark's Keg Cleaner Monday and ran it through a bunch of tests, let me tell you if you have the $$$$ I highly reccommend it. cleanned everything i tested in it, no longer need to soak over night, used PBW, one step, oxiclean all cleaned same. Heated 3.5 gallons of water to about 110 degrees used each of the above cleaners on dirty fermenters, hoses, buckets and all cleaned very good. Love this thing, could of built myself for around $90.00 to same specs, but after working on new rig since Christmas, i feel my time is worth 30-40 dollars/hour. So I'm looking at it like I saved $$$$ in build time and clean up in the long run.

I'll stick with hot water and oxyfree. I have enough equipment to allow an overnight soak of a carboy. Not a big deal.

_

I use buckets and kegs. Here is my cleaner.

P3cj.jpg

This is next on my to buy list. Does it have a drain?
It takes me nearly an hour to clean 3 carboys or 3 kegs. I need one of these.

it comes with a hose that alows you to pump it out when done, i put my kegs and carboys on it and walked away. works like a charm.

You can make one from a Harbor freight submersible pump ~$30 and a bucket, a little tubing and effort. If the price does not seem to bad, buy the pre made one, it looks nice.

"I've got one of those for cleaning my sanke kegs... makes it a breeze without having to mix up 15+ gallons of cleaner... and I'm done with cleaning in 1 minute."

Can you explain how you did this ??

Any one have or used Mark's Keg and Carboy Cleaner? Looking for input I may purchase one. At $140.00 it may be cheaper in the long run to purchase it instead of building one. Until I buy the pump and hardware, time is money also, i'm thinking $100ish (good pump is $70-90) to build plus time. Spoke to people at my local homebrew store, they said cleaning/sanitizing kegs it works like a charm, carboys not so good, cleaning dry crusty yeast at top of carboy hard to get off.
Anyone who has used on of these please post a quick review.
Thanks

http://morebeer.com/view_product/11869/102254/Keg_Carboy_Washer

75 shipped http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2013/04/more-beer-keg-and-carboy-cleaner-74.html?m=1

Email Mark, he is super good about customer service. I broke a piece and he sent a bunch of replacement stuff and some bonuses for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've used mine for 2 years. Works great on corneys and better bottles. Support is fantastic. Mark sent updated fittings to all registered owners without asking. That is customer service. I use the pump to clean keggerator lines. Great product.

+1 on keg lines. Also use it when recirculating ice water when chilling. A garden hose adaptor for $.75 worked wonders.

I added a drain to mine which makes swapping out water a breeze. Parts cost a few dollars at Home Depot.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397168169.486342.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1397168192.431103.jpg
Sorry for the late reply. Here are some pics. A few o rings, some 1/2 tubing and some PVC fittings.

I love mine. I went to the hardware store and bought additional fittings to use on all my hoses or clean multiple things at the same time.

The only thing I wish were included is a backsplash. The splashing from the liquid draining back down from the carboy or keg makes a mess. Best to set it up on a towel or somewhere you don't mind getting wet.

Back