• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hop rhizomes: Fuggle, Golding, Mt. Hood - or trade for whole hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepystevenson

Reaction score
Heya fellow brewers -

I have some really nice large hop rhizomes I just dug up yesterday while doing the annual spring hopyard maintenance. I have Fuggle, Golding, and Mt. Hood available. All are taken from well established crowns, grown using organic methods, in NW PA. These are not your standard rhizomes, as ordered from one of the big hop companies - they are MUCH larger and more robust. ( I know this, because that's where I originally bought mine.)
The sizes / lengths of these things naturally vary, but I guarantee you will be happy with them. I can email pics to interested parties, if you would like.

I would really prefer to trade for WHOLE LEAF hops - specifically looking for cascade, centennial, simcoe, amarillo, chinook. I will give you (4) LARGE rhizome cuttings or (2) JUMBO rhizome cuttings for ONE Lb of hops. Your choice of variety. You pay for shipping leaf hops - I pay for shipping rhizomes. Contact me to work out the details. I am willing to give more, if your hops are worth more - looking for a fair trade for both parties, of course!

For outright purchase, price is $10 for TWO large rhizomes or $10 for ONE jumbo rhizome. All purchases $20 or more will include UPS shipping to you. Paypal will be accepted OR postal money order.

Feel free to contact me to further discuss or order.

EDIT: Homegrown hops are fine for trade, as long as they are brew-tested and proven, properly dried, and properly stored. I will take your word for it.

EDIT 2: Just so you know, if you paypal me - the name will show up with my first name - James in the paypal account.

I would want one of each. Would you do that instead of selling them by 2? $5 each, $20 shipped for 3 to Ny?

Thanks! I'll let you know when I get them. I just got a 2nd year Zeus crown. It's already a foot tall and growing.

Holy rhizomes batman! I just got them today and they are huge! Thanks a lot.

No problem! Glad they arrived ok. Good luck with them and good brewing to you - :mug:

I still have some left of each variety - many more large than jumbo left.

I may be interested what do you have left?
-Wade
(Pittsburgh)

I am sorry, they are all gone for this year, guys! I will have many more available next year.

Glad they are growing well for you, JRems! :mug:

Mine are about 2-3 tall now. They are generally maxed out at the top of my trellis by Memorial Day - 14 feet! Though, I suspect with the crappy weather we have had this year, they will be somewhat behind...

Back