Simple Dry Buckwheat Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
Ingredients
1.5lbs wildflower honey
1.5lbs buckwheat honey
1/5th pkg Dry Traditional Mead Pack
1/4 tsp Fermax Yeast Nutrient
1/2tsp Yeast Energizer
1pkg Lavlin EC1118

Warm some water and mix in 1.5lbs wildflower honey and 1.5lbs buckwheat honey. Add to the primary to cool. Add in the mead pack, yeast, nutrient and energizer. The nutrient and energizer are supposed to be in the mead pack already, but I figured a little extra cannot hurt. I added a half dose of each energizer and nutrient for good measure. This is the first time making this mead... I'll update this recipe in a number of months when its finished and bottled. Top off the fermenter with water. Wait!

any update here? i wound up brewing someting similar, with a mix of wild/buckwheat/clover honey, and i would appreciate some advice on how long to age it and let the dark buckwheat mellow.

any update here? i wound up brewing someting similar, with a mix of wild/buckwheat/clover honey, and i would appreciate some advice on how long to age it and let the dark buckwheat mellow.

You and me both Amitche. I want to give mead a try and this sounds like an easyer recipe.

Back