3 gallon wine kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreman

Reaction score
I have 2 three gallon glass carboys and was wondering if 3 gallon wine kits exist? All I've found so far is sweet wines and ports - I'm looking to make regional high quality kit wines.

Thanks ya I suppose that is an option - I just don't want to have to buy more carboys - are there white wines you can age in buckets? Shorter secondary.

Find a winemaking friend who will split a 6 gallon kit with you. One of you get it started and when ready to transfer to carboy/airlock have your friend come get their portion.

The VH cans has directions on how to make 3 gallons on the can. And I would because 6 gallons is very "thin". I did 4 different VH and only did 3 gallons of each. I was "not" impressed any of them.

I think Williams Brewing in CA has a few 3 gallon kits in their last catalog.

stevo4361 said:

Thanks this perfect - they have some Cali kits - will be good to start out small

homewinery.com has a great selection of concentrates for five gallon batches and you can call and order by the pint for 1 gallon batches. Everyone I have talked to has had nothing but good things to say about their products.

Saramc how doe their concentrates compare to Vinters Harvest? I found the VH to be really thin and lacking taste.

stevo4361 said:

Yeah, the kits are 2.5 gallons. Would that be too much headspace in a 3 gallon fermenter?

Head space is only an issue when you're bulk aging wine. If you age in the bottle after secondary and clearing then you have nothing to worry about.

D_Nyholm said:
Yeah, the kits are 2.5 gallons. Would that be too much headspace in a 3 gallon fermenter?

Make two and use a 5 gallon carboy.

Back