What is the best beer you have brewed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWAleDad

Reaction score
Post the recipe or a link to your best and/or favorite home brew

Mine three batches in is an IPA

Extract:

1 lb of Crystal
1/2 lb Briess Victory Malt
7.5 lbs of Light Malt Extract

N. Brewer Hops 1.5oz for 60min
Columbus .5o for 2min

Whitebread yeast

It's impossible to say. I brew so much damn good beer.

Every batch I say "Man. This is the best beer ever."

Then I think back and say "Yeah but that ____ was really awesome too."

The punkin' porter recipe from Extreme Brewing book. But I made a very hoppy red ale that I was also very fond of. :rockin:

I would have to say my Bucklebury Ale. It's a red ale and extremely smooth with a strong earthy hop taste to it.

NWAleDad said:

Extract:

1 lb of Crystal

Columbus .5o for 2min

Whitebread yeast

Is that really an IPA?? Seems low on IBUs. No?

Up until today it was a Brown Ale. However, I just had a Vanilla Porter that I had been conditioning for about 3 weeks. It may now be my favorite. Also, I'm sure it will continue to improve. Makes me happy.

NRS

My Pumpkin seed porter was the best I've ever made.

6 lbs pale DME
1 lb crystal 80L
8 oz black de-bittered
8 oz roasted

1 oz fuggles 45 min

WL irish Ale yeast

"DRY SEED" in secondary

1 lb fresh pumpkin seeds mixed with 1/2 lb brown sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon. roast at 350 until almost burnt. Toss in secondary still hot (and presumeably sanitized)

Secondary for a week. Filter at least somewhat.

The one with the most widespread rave reviews was the orange/coriander Pale Ale recipe I found on this site. (It's a variant of EdWort's Haus Pale).

Dopplebock, smoked porter, IIPA tend to be the fan favorites.

I think my favorites were an American Stout, mild, rauchbier

All of these but the smoked porter have placed first in a 400 entry or larger competition. I posted the American Stout on here once.

Extract:

1 lb of Crystal

Columbus .5o for 2min

Whitebread yeast

Sounds good and simple. Is the extract DME or LME. I'm thinking about trying an AG version. Thanks :)

My 98.5 IBU "Nuclear Maltdown" CDA:

24.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US
2.00 lb Carafa III
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L
1.00 lb Chocolate Malt
4.00 oz Amarillo Gold (60 min)
4.00 oz Amarillo Gold (30 min)
2.00 oz Cascade (60 min) (First Wort Hop)
4.00 oz Cascade (0 min)
4.00 oz Cascade (Dry Hop 7 days)
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001)

Generally like to stick to IPA/APA's, but I brewed a sour not too long ago that I thought didn't turn out (first time brewing with a sour mash) Two months later in the bottle it was amazing. Nelson Sauv hops really made it. Of course I'll probably never be able to replicate, but I'll keep trying.

My favorite to date is a belgian style extract brew. Recipe below. However I just sampled my second AG batch of BierMuncher's nierra sevada snpa clone last night and it is awesome with an extra flavor hop addition. It will most likely become my new go to brew.

3.5lbs Pale LME
3.5lbs Wheat LME
1oz hersbrucker 45min
1oz hersbrucker 15 min
1/4 coriander 15 min
1oz sweet orange peel 15 min

1 pack S33

Modified Brewers Best IPA. I dry hopped with 2 oz cascade divided into 2 batches one 10 days prior to bottling and one 5 days prior. Primed with 2.5 oz corn sugar plus about 4 oz honey (pasteurized at 160 for 10 minutes after boiling corn sugar solution). It ended up a little overcarbed but has great head retention and beautiful lacing. I keep thinking it has hit its peak but after 3 months every bottle seems better than the last.

My favorite and one of my house brews I keep on tap that's always a crowd favorite is my Hoppy Amber:

Extract

6lb Amber DME
1lb Crystal 40L
2oz Cascade
US-05 Yeast

All hops are 60 minute boil.

I'm really hoping my next batch is my best, but so far the best has been my first AG batch. It was a Launitas IPA clone. The recipe has been posted here many times. My attempt on Bell's Two Hearted ran a close second. Again that recipe is readily available in this forum.

Considering that I have only brewed two beers and one cider, the Robust Porter from Brewers Best that I tweaked by adding Vanilla and Bourbon in secondary is fantastic!

Considering that I have only brewed two beers and one cider, the Robust Porter from Brewers Best that I tweaked by adding Vanilla and Bourbon in secondary is fantastic!

I saw a recipe similar to that in the last issue of Zymurgy, definitely should add it to the list.

the Little Creatures clone I brewed is pretty good, and it's not even carbed yet. the most popular one i've brewed has been my honey wheat

I don't have the recipe anymore but my best batch was an ESB. I made the mistake of informing my relatives that it was on tap at a get together and it was gone before I really had a chance to enjoy it.

Denny Conn's Waldo Lake Amber. I have so many more I want to brew that it will probably be something different a month or two from now.

i serve most of my home brew at parties/events majority favorite so far was Keystone's Irish Red but the viking feast is coming and a new champion may be named soon.

Back