Bigfoot 2006-2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striker918

Reaction score
So my wife surprised me with a bottle each of the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot ale from 2006-2009. Are these going to be consumable? Do I age them more time or less?

They should definitely be more than consumable, they should be delicious. Higher gravity beers like Bigfoot typically age very well.

If I were you, I'd probably drink them all side by side to see what difference age has played on the beer.

They should definitely be more than consumable, they should be delicious. Higher gravity beers like Bigfoot typically age very well.

If I were you, I'd probably drink them all side by side to see what difference age has played on the beer.

Just don't plan on working the next day... and take a vitamin, maybe an aspirin, and possibly a NAC supplement. (I am not a doctor, yada yada yada, so if this advice kills or otherwise harms you, it's your own damn fault for trusting some stranger on the internet).

A grown man should be able to drink 4 bigfoots in an evening and make it to work the next day.

I currently have 2005-2011. I like it a lot fresh and with 3-5 years on it.

I would drink them as a vertical in a single evening if you have one of each. Feel free to invite a friend.

I can't stand the types hops in it but the malt flavor is pretty damn good. I would love to try one that has time to age and mellow for a few years though. Who knows I may find out the only thing holding me back from liking Chinook hops for bittering is 3 years of time.

Let us know how it turns out!

well I had it yesterday. I really like the 2010. I liked it when it came out last year too and with that said, I am not a fan of the 2011 but I will let the half case age that I have now and see what happens.

the 2010 just had a lot more bitterness too it. I thought the 2011 was pretty sweet IMO

Back