Vacation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
Day care is closed next week, and since my wife just started a new job (at the same place as I work at, coincidentally) I'm the only one with vacation time available.

So, I've got a whole week off and nothing to do :ban:

Maybe we'll go to the zoo or something. Of course I'll have to brew one day. I'm psyched - this is even better than a "real" vacation where I'm actually going some where.

Sweet, enjoy your time off :mug: A brew day is definitely a necessity.

I have 3 weeks of vacation I have to use by 12/31. I can't take it in Sept, Nov or Dec due to the cyclical nature of my workflow.

I'll undoubtedely have a week or two to do nothing just like you.

glibbidy said:
Enjoy, and have fun. Sometimes the best vacations are the ones where you don't go anywhere.

That's mine next week. (19th - 23rd) It's time for a break from the grind.

So,

I have a garage that needs cleaning out, my workshop needs cleaning out, and the stairwell to the basement needs painting.

And believe it or not, I'm really looking forward to it. :rockin: Tired of looking at CLUTTER.....

I'm also hoping that if I put an order into NB late this week, I can actually BREW late next week. Barring anymore unexpected financial nightmares.... :mad:

Ize

alemonkey said:
Day care is closed next week, and since my wife just started a new job (at the same place as I work at, coincidentally) I'm the only one with vacation time available.

So, I've got a whole week off and nothing to do :ban:

I hate to be a buzzkill, but are you aware aware of how opposite-of-relaxing a week home with small children can be? ;)

cweston said:
I hate to be a buzzkill, but are you aware aware of how opposite-of-relaxing a week home with small children can be? ;)

I used my vacation days from last year to be home when my son was born. I spent two weeks taking care of a newborn and my wife. It was the best vacation I've ever taken.

I'm doing the same plan this year, minus the newborn and recovering wife. I'm looking forward to my son being one, running around and playing with all his birthday/Christmas presents.

Cheesefood said:
I used my vacation days from last year to be home when my son was born. I spent two weeks taking care of a newborn and my wife. It was the best vacation I've ever taken.

I'm doing the same plan this year, minus the newborn and recovering wife. I'm looking forward to my son being one, running around and playing with all his birthday/Christmas presents.

OK--sorry, my kids are teenagers and pre-teenagers and I guess I've become a little jaded.

A week of 24-7 face time with your newborn baby or one-year-old is a delight, there is no doubt about that. Savor it while you can.

Cheesefood said:

Even with all the toys my kids have(too many) the main thing they want to play with are their parents. It can get a little frustrating when you're trying to do something, but I came to the realization recently that these days won't last forever. That sure makes it easier to go ahead and let the dishes pile up and enjoy your little ones.

We're like rock stars in their life right now and we won't ever get that back, we should bask in it!

I just spent the last couple hours landscaping the back yard...my daughter had her own little shovel and dug little piles of mulch, splashed me with the hose, and overall got in the way. We had a blast :)

Back