Barley Crusher Rollers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreezyBrew

IPA is my spirit animal
Reaction score
When I use the hand crank now, only that side turns. Is this something to be concerned about? I had been using a drill.

It comes with a rubber o ring around one of the rollers. In the instructions it says not to worry if it breaks, the grain going through the rollers will make both turn.
You're in good shape.

This started happening to my BC when the knurls got too worn out. I got close to 10 years of use out of it, so can't complain, but ended up throwing it out and getting a MM 2 2.0... The bigger rollers on the MM should pull grain through no matter how worn the knurls get I figure.

This started happening to my BC when the knurls got too worn out .... but ended up throwing it out and getting a MM 2 2.0....

The Barley Crusher MaltMill​
The Original Barley Crusher MaltMill, the "Home Brewer's Best Friend" has proven to be just that. A high quality grain mill constructed using materials that will last a lifetime, 1018 Cold Rolled Steel for the rollers, 6061 Aluminum for the mill body and hopper, tool steel for the axles with Oil Impregnated bronze bushings.

Precision machining with Quality Control and a LifeTime Warranty assures the homebrewer that this will be the only grain mill they will ever purchase!

ya try getting new rollers first?

If you adjust, use a feeler gauge (find one on eBay for 2-5 bucks). I think the barley crusher is factory set at .39" or something. I set mine to .45" for a looser crush as I'm getting 85% efficiency as it is. It makes for a little less issue for a stuck mash (in theory) and a bit clearer runnoff (again, in theory).

Back