How much beer do you drink daily?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 on weeknights pretty much like clockwork. Maybe 3 or 4 on weekends....

Pretty much the same for me with some weekend nights ending up going for 4 pints or so... BBQ, cookout, growlers going to a friends house, then all bets are off provided I'm not driving.

A pint or two a day - on brew days or at family gatherings it might go higher, but those are the exception.

If I'm working 16 hour days , which is 3 days a week, I don't drink anything. The other 2 weekdays usually 1 or 2. On the weekends usually a sixer a day. I'm Scottish and German so I have a slight tendency to overdo it if I don't police myself. My wife tends to be a pretty good beer police for me also.

Damn, I do about 4-6 a day. Pretty much the same for the weekend. Nothing special for me then, just go to bed about 2 hours later. And these aen't BMC brews either.

I usually do 3 or 4 beers a day, and 6+ on my days off (which doesn't happen often). I'm thinking about taking a day off and finishing off that 6 pack of Noble Pils I bought yesterday though.....

I haven't been able to have a beer for 10 days due to an illness and then crazy amounts of work. If I want to keep my averages up for this month I should probably drink 20-30 beers tonight. Agree? Agree!

Around six or so a day and on the weekends "especially with friends and family" I will just drink all day.... I usually don't get drunk or hammered but I love beer and will chose it over any other beverage any time!

I drive an hour each way on work days so when I work 16 hours it don't leave much time for anything.

Probably average 1 a day during the week and 3 or 4 on weekends. Unless it's football season. Then a lot more :mug:

1 or 2 during the week.. Sometimes none. The weekend I am pretty good during the day because I am usually with my wife and 2 yo daughter doing errands and such until she goes to bed then I will have a few..more. If we are having or are at a gathering of some sort then all bets are off. lol

I normally have 2 beers a night the only catch is I bottle most of my brews in 22 oz mugs so it is a win win! :mug:

I don't drink during the week, but on the weekends I'll definitely enjoy a few beverages, and as stated above, it increases during football/hockey season.

Usually not a day goes by without at least one beer. During the week, I like to have a beer at night after everything calms down. On the weekend, I might have 2-3 over the course of the day. At 200 calories per beer, I can't afford to drink too many. At my age, it's hard to keep the weight off as it is.

Zymurgist05 said:
Usually not a day goes by without at least one beer. During the week, I like to have a beer at night after everything calms down. On the weekend, I might have 2-3 over the course of the day. At 200 calories per beer, I can't afford to drink too many. At my age, it's hard to keep the weight off as it is.

Dude, you must be REALLY FAT! : )

I drive an hour each way on work days so when I work 16 hours it don't leave much time for anything.

I feel your pain brother. So I went to a four day work week....wed thru sat. My life is much happier even thou my wallet is a little lighter. The kegs are a little lighter too......:mug:

I got two kids in college. I can't let my wallet get any so I'm pretty much stuck where I'm at for now. Workin for a livin sucks. You'd think I'd be used to it after about 25 years. Oh to be a kid again( and know how to make beer). :)

I drink 2 to 3 pints per night. The problem is weight gain. I have gained 8 pounds in the last year despite walking 4 miles per day and riding my bike 50-60 miles per week!

I am now trying to brew moderate calorie brews...beers in the 150 calorie per pint range.

My problem is that I LOVE ipa's which tend to be calorie rich.

Sunday-Thursday, I would say I have beer 4 out of 5 nights. 1-2 pints. Friday and Saturday, usually 3-6 depending on what "events" are going on. Parties, camping trips, etc....... 10-15 are not out of the question.

I just started brewing and really needed the bottles..... so I have been drinking 4-5 on weeknights and taking the opportunity over the weekend to collect many extras on top of the normal rotation. It's been tough but I have collected enough for several batches over the last month and a half. Couple hundred at the very least. Unfortunately I did have to acquire bottles by lesser means, but I am finally slowing down.

I was reading the how much do you drink thread..people drinking 5-10 beers a day sometimes.

It got me wondwring..Has anyone got health from all this ?

Canadian men are advised to usually drink 21 units of alcohol per week at most. This is less than 2 pints a day.

You also drink a whooping 2870 calories a gallon too.

I am a gout suferer myself. But did any one of you have diabetes, cardiac problems, etc or even plain old beer gut from picking up the hobby?:confused:

Probably a lot of health effects. I'm in the 3-4 drinks a night group. Usually a beer or two and two glasses of wine.

I can't imagine that's healthy at all.

I was reading the how much do you drink thread..people drinking 5-10 beers a day sometimes.

It got me wondwring..Has anyone got health from all this ?

Canadian men are advised to usually drink 21 units of alcohol per week at most. This is less than 2 pints a day.

You also drink a whooping 2870 calories a gallon too.

I am a gout suferer myself. But did any one of you have diabetes, cardiac problems, etc or even plain old beer gut from picking up the hobby?:confused:

I'm pretty active so my gut is kept at bay, for now...

I don't eat regularly and have an insatiable appetite so the extra 3k calories is actually a lot of help to me.

I think my mental health has gotten better from both the creative outlet that brewing gives me and the fact that I need a few to unwind after working ALL day.

Before I started brewing I would go months. Once my first batch was done, I had about a 1 liter bottle a night until it was gone. Next batch is in bottles now and I'm waiting to put em in the fridge. Then the cycle will start again.

I have had chronic back pain for the last two years with nothing helping the pain long-term (nerve ablations, physical therapy, acupuncture, chiro, etc.) and started brewing in January of this year. Since then, I've find that drinking a few beers a night really helps to dampen the pain. Also, I feel a million times better putting delicious beer that I made into my body than narcotics, and feel like it's much less likely to form an addiction.

EDIT: I also had friends suggest smoking weed, and I love the smell of the stuff, but honestly I think brewing beer is much easier/cheaper/legal/readily available than getting a medical marijuana card and buying it from a dispensary, or buying from a friend. I also like the taste of beer much more than I like putting smoke in my lungs.

I would say I drink 2-4 pints pretty much every night that I'm at home without being too busy to drink. If I'm working on projects (like the water supply line that cracked in our front yard, for instance, or after-hours IT projects for my job) then I usually won't drink while I'm working, and depending on how late I'm up working on them if I have time for a pint before bed I'll usually have one while I decompress.

Like others, I really enjoy having a pint when I get home from work. I do feel bad that because of my back problems, my exercise level has decreased quite a bit, and my pants are fitting a bit snug... So I either need to drink less calories or suck it up and exercise with the pain.

Suck it up and exercise with BEER! :D

12 oz. curls!

I'd be happy to drink while lifting, but it's the cardio that worries me. Nothing like running three miles with homebrew sloshing around in your stomach, getting a sideache, then puking up that Imperial IPA you just kegged. I guarantee if that happens I'll be giving away the rest of that keg. :(

I've been averaging a couple beers per night, which I think is pretty average around here. A few nights a week I won't have any, but on most weekend days I have about 4.

I work a rotating shift:

3p-11p; 5-8 12oz. bottles over 5 days.
7a-3p; 1-3 12oz. bottles over 5 days.

My days off are Tuesday and Wednesday; 8-12 12oz. bottles in 2 days. It went up drastically when i switched to all grain. That's the magic of homebrew I suppose.

When you drink, your body cannot produce muscle. When you exercise, your body destroys muscle (and creates more muscle as a result) So... yeah, you should take a break here and again. Drink mineral water and electrolytes, vitamin rich foods, etc.

Latest posts

Back