Quick Bottle question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardball

Reaction score
I am bottling this weekend and have a bottling question.

I cleaned the bottles after each time I drank from them on the last brew and placed them upside down in the box after drying. My question is do I still need to clean them before the iodophor rinse or can I just go right to the iodophor? I did search the topic before asking but I couldn't really find what I was looking for, hence the query.

Thanks in advance.

that is what i do - as long as they are clean(no crusties) i go straight to the sanitizer and then bottle - no infections yet

Even if they appear clean, I still clean mine before the sanitizer rinse just to be on the safe side. I just soak mine in the kitchen sink in soapy water and then rinse with a bottle rinser (screws onto the sink and releases the spray when the bottle is pressed upon it). Then right before I fill the bottle with beer, I rinse with onestep solution. Since I've started this process I have never had a batch contaminated during bottling.

Good luck. :mug:

I always clean mine (after opeining) with a hot water rinse, a time on the drying rack, then back into the plastic racks.

Come bottling day all I do is sanitize. Been doing it that way for years. Never had a ring in the neck...;)

Latest posts

Back