First Brew Complete

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrosBrew

Reaction score
well friends I've put together my first beer tonight. The SG was 1.052 which I have no idea if that is good or not. Couple things that I noted.
Never brew a batch when a huge house party is about to begin. (I'm my defense I didn't know the party was starting until after I added the malt extract)
Never brew a batch while unable to walk completely. This was my anxiousness and stupidity.
The only other thing that went wrong was my thermometer dropped on the floor and broke so I wasn't able to tell the temp of my wort when I added the yeast. It had to be close to room temp. though because the wort was 98 degrees when it was added to the 3 gal of water at room temp and then I waited about 20-25 min before I added the yeast. It might have been a little high so we'll see. But for right now I'm excited and can't wait to taste the results.

1.052 is about an average OG. You may get some fruityness because of a warm pitching temp, but you should be fine. What kind of beer was it?

How long does it usually take for the yeast to start gurgling/fermenting the beer?

Usually in less then a day. However, it could take a couple of days. Congrats on the first brew.

Latest posts

Back