I need to quick carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiskeySam

Reaction score
For a competition. I'd like to be at full carbonation in about 3 days from today. Could be 4, but then I'm going to be nervous.

I set my regulator at 25 PSI and shook the keg for about 2 minutes to get as much CO2 into solution as possible. I am intending to leave it at 25PSI for another two days, shaking when possible. I imagine after that, I'll lower it down to the 10PSI "proper" range I'm going for.

Am I doing this right? I've always forced carbed on a set it and forget it method. It's done when it's done.

In 3 days, you could have set and forget it cold at 30 psi for 24 hours and then tested and then continued for another few and retested, etc. Shaking is a bad idea this close to a competition unless you already filtered it really good.

Oh it's a waste of an entry fee for a lot of reasons, carbonation is the least of my worries :D I've got two other batches going into it that I was able to devote more attention to. In any event, this shaking method at the target pressure appears to be working very well.

As long as you shook the keg when it was cold. After shaking the keg I would set the regulator to what your serving psi is . Cold beer absorbes co2 fast.

Back