Sierra Nevada Cans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonK331

Reaction score
They're here! Tastes exactly the same out of a glass. I think i might have to shotgun one.

image-1661136909.jpg

Ha ha ha. Yeah but it had to be done. Sometimes it's good to take off the snob hat and just drink a damn beer. With a knife.

No reason to slam a good beer,may as well be a ................Lots of versitilty in a can,back in the day we'd make pipes out of them.
I love SN labels,its classic and looks great on a can.How much are those by the way? I dont know,maybe this will preserve a hop taste you dont get in the bottle.Ive had some pretty fresh tasting craft can beers to notice some.

They're the same price as bottles. 14.99 here. Probably less in Chico. Guess that makes me more of a glutten for shotgunning. It was, however, absolutely delicious, much more pleasant than my fading memories of drinking warm piss beer like that.

I love that there is more and more decent beer being put into cans. Easier to stuff in the pack for craggin' and backpacking trips.

I just saw those at Whole Foods this past weekend. Thought about going for it, but the price per ounce ended up being exactly the same as just getting bottles. Plus I get to reuse the bottles. I'd definitely get 'em if it was any cheaper.

Definitely Ginny try but I need everybottle I can get no keg system..cheers to sn and I do love making em more mobile via back pack better brew st the beach this summer that's for sures....when can we get some bigfoot talll cans that would be epic?

With kegs and over 100 bottles, I welcome craft beer in cans. I had a SNPA in a can last week, tasted just as good as always. I'm on-board.

Very cool. I'm gonna grab some (If I can find them) for my desert trips. Bottles suck when camping.

I'm a huge fan of Dales Pale Ale so naturally I was excited when I saw the SN cans. I seriously cannot wait for these to make their way to the east coast, if they aren't here yet. They may already be here for all I know though. I haven't been to the bigger beer stores here in the area in a while.

Ha ha ha. Yeah but it had to be done. Sometimes it's good to take off the snob hat and just drink a damn beer. With a knife.

Shotgun, hell.....I'm breaking out the old beer funnel! :ban:

These cans are going to be great for taking to the stock car races. :mug:

I'll be buying these for music festivals, to supplement the tap-a-draft.

OP- I support and commend your shotgunning effort.

My buddy has a wizards night planned for the end of the month...looks like I might have a SNPA staff.

They are the same price in Chico as the bottles. They also have 4 packs of pint size Torpedos. I think they taste pretty much identical, good for the river.

Oh wow. I haven't seen those yet. I will definitely shotgun one of those as well. Hah!

BTW - those cans are dangerous. I'm kinda hurt today.

I'm definitely shotgunning at least one this weekend. I've been wanting to do it since I saw they were coming out with cans. If I remember, I'll post pics.

Make shure you take a picture of yourself upside down with the funnel,and oh oh oh yeah and later when you are puking up all of it too. :eek::D If your shotgunning,you gotta puke otherwise you not a man. I mean that from the bottem of my heart.Toilet bowl king is awaiting for you to throne it. Dont let us down!

How cool would that be to shotgun a SNPA!
I'm in and if they put a a Torpedo in a can, I'd be all over it............. For about 4 beers! Then it'd hit you like a sledge hammer.

Are cans more costly for the breweries? I'm just wondering why 21A and Dale's cost about 10 bucks a sixer, that's what stops me from buying them. Oh, and here's granny doing the ol' shotgun:

FireShot-capture-053-Grandma-shotgunning-beer-at-michigan-football-game-hail-to-the-victors-YouT.png

spenghali said:
Are cans more costly for the breweries? I'm just wondering why 21A and Dale's cost about 10 bucks a sixer, that's what stops me from buying them. Oh, and here's granny doing the ol' shotgun:

I'm seeing that trend too - surly is $12 for 4 pint sized cans.

I'm seeing that trend too - surly is $12 for 4 pint sized cans.

I'm thinking their beer is just more expensive in general. their bottled beer is painfully expensive.

I'd imagine the start up costs would be somewhat significant, but I think the markup on Surly, Dale's, Kona, and the like are just that... markup. I find it hard to believe the canning process alone adds MULTIPLE dollars per can. It just wouldn't justify the change.

Sweet... It's too hard to hide bottles at the beach. Cans just slip right in a coozy!

Brewery Vivant in GR cans their stuff in pints. It's pretty sweet. I hope we get some cans of SNPA over here. I'd get them for summer excursions.

Brewery Vivant in GR cans their stuff in pints. It's pretty sweet. I hope we get some cans of SNPA over here. I'd get them for summer excursions.

They just came out here and I only live three hours from the brewery. I'm sure you'll get them.

I'd imagine the start up costs would be somewhat significant, but I think the markup on Surly, Dale's, Kona, and the like are just that... markup. I find it hard to believe the canning process alone adds MULTIPLE dollars per can. It just wouldn't justify the change.

I guess the startup costs are true, but producers like Dale's have already been doing it for years, seems like the cost should be lower, especially since it is a pale ale...

That's almost double a 12 pack of torpedo. I know a 12 pack is discounted for buying quantity, but that is 9 cents per ounce versus 17 cents per ounce, ugh.

I didn't look closely because I am not a big quaffer of Torpedo ( I was getting the Rye), but, I think they were the tallboy pints.

Back