Looking for a Few Clone Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfernoBrews

Reaction score
Does anyone happe nto know of Clone recipes for Stone IPA,or East End IPA??
I have Sierra navada IPA Already.. but if anyone has another Ill Look..

Thanks In Advance. . .

O and Extract is preferred if for a Friend .. But ill take AG too For Me if i like his!! :)

I think there was a list of all the Stone brewery's clones in a recent BYO. I think that there is where I got this recipe:

Stone APA
10 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 84.21 %
1 lbs 8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 12.63 %
6.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 3.16 %
0.66 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (90 min) Hops 33.3 IBU
1.00 oz Ahtanum [6.00 %] (15 min) Hops 10.0 IBU
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04) Yeast-Ale

Mash at 156. (That seems too high to me, though).

brew365.com has Stone clones for their Arrogant Bastard, IPA, and Ruination IPA. I haven't tried any of them so can't vouch for them. Let us know what what you try and how it turns out.

I've been drinking my way through a 6 pack of Stone's IPA recently, and it is very pale -- I'd guess between 6 & 7 SRM. This makes me think that the nearly 2 lbs of crystal is way off. It isn't anywhere near that caramelly or dark.

I also agree with Yoop that 156 is much too high of a mash temp. This is a well-attenuated beer.

Finally, Stone's IPA is definitely dry hopped which this recipe lacks.

I think there was a list of all the Stone brewery's clones in a recent BYO. I think that there is where I got this recipe:

Stone APA
10 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 84.21 %
1 lbs 8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 12.63 %
6.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 3.16 %
0.66 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (90 min) Hops 33.3 IBU
1.00 oz Ahtanum [6.00 %] (15 min) Hops 10.0 IBU
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04) Yeast-Ale

Mash at 156. (That seems too high to me, though).

I am using Beer Tools and I have been collecting info on stones and mkling You seem to be on point,that seems way off 2 lbs of crystal.. Just adding 6 oz put it at 7 SRM.

I thought we were talking about Stone's APA, not the IPA? In the IPA, I get very little sweetness, and lots of centennial hops. In the APA, I get all kinds of carmelly sweetness and ahtanum hops. I've never made either recipe, but I think that they are very different.

Austin Homebrew has developed TONS of clone recipe kits, including Stone IPA. I haven't tried any yet, but I have a few on my to-brew list. Check it out: Austin Homebrew Supply. The prices listed on the kit lists are for extract; the AG option is usually cheaper.

Back