• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Customized Brew Paddles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepSea

Reaction score
I recently made a customized brew paddle for my brother. He is just getting into all grain brewing. It got me thinking there may be a market for these. Any feedback would be appreciated. They are 36” long by 3.5 inches wide at the widest part. The paddle part is about 16” long. The paddle is constructed out of a ¾ inch solid maple. The edges are beveled on both sides. I can personalize them with your brewery name so long as it fits in the space available. See photos for more detail. I would like to get $48.00 plus shipping. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Todd

paddle1.jpg

paddle2.jpg

paddle3.jpg

paddle4.jpg

Can you do a different cutout? Looking for a patriots logo. I did one, but it was not too good and the handle has already broken.

that's pretty sweet. I like it a lot. If I didn't already make my own a couple months back, I would definitely get one. Love the beer bottles cutout!!!!

This one has a food grade mineral oil finish as requested by LHBS. There seems to be a debate over finish/No finish.

This is what I did with mine

102_4821 - HomeBrewTalk Gallery

I am a lot less skilled with the wood than you and the paddle has already broken. Would something like this be feasible? If so then I could see myself putting in an order. What kind of turn around do you have?

has anyone used oak for a mash paddle?

I made my first mash paddle/brew paddle out of red oak. It works fine but I like the tighter grain of Maple. It grain does not raise as much after getting wet. Seems like it is easier to clean.

Todd

Brewers

A very good quality product will worth the money. Think I have my Christmas shopping done early. Each one can be different and custom to the brewer. Such as Shorty who is over six feet tall.

Dominus Vobiscum

Swagman:cool:

Kickass! I may need one of these when I convert a keg I just got to a mash tun.. a NikoBrew paddle would be awesome.

bubbachunk,
Shipping to 45701 via UPS is 11.43. I may be able to do sveral C's. Have a look at the mock up. This is would not be cut all the way through. Let me know what you think.
reds.jpg

Thank you for all the requests. I just updated my status to vendor (paypal just sent).

I have been getting requests for finer cut outs in the paddle part. These finer cut outs are problematic because of the way the grain of the wood runs. (This is how the karate guys are able to break boards with their fists, they are breaking the wood with the grain rather than against it).If I were to cut these out they would be very fragile. I originally designed the beer bottle cut out so there were no small pieces of wood to break off while stirring the mash. The work around is that I can relief cut it into the wood. The design is cut 1/8 into the wood but not through it. Please let me know what you think.

For clarity: the brewery name and paddle carving is only carved on ONE side.

Best regards,

Todd

nrgproof.jpg

I like the look of the mock up but would like to know if you could fit The Schnoz Brewing where the reds is now?

Niko,

No, This is from the software that comes with the machine that cuts these. It allows you to save as a .jpg

Todd

Kickass! That's nice I was thinking "theres no WAY he's just making those and saying 'do you like it, is that what you want'?".

Android,
I can do that. I have not priced cherry but I am sure it is a little more. I would adjust the price by the difference in wood price. Let me know.

Todd

thanks for the reply, i was just curious to know if cherry wasn't used because it leached flavor or something.

thanks for the reply, i was just curious to know if cherry wasn't used because it leached flavor or something.

I am not aware of any reasons not to use cherry. I chose maple because of it hardness and tight wood grain.

Todd

Just wanted to say, I got my paddle today and couldn't be happier! Thanks for the awesome job DeepSea! I am sure that this will be a part of my brewery for a long time!

Back