Revolutionary faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss13

Reaction score
I recently traveled to Pilsen, Czech Republic and visited a small micro-brewery supplier who has a patented faucet that was like nothing I've ever seen in USA. They have it installed in all the restaurants that are owned by Pilsner Urquell exclusively in Pilsen. It's unique design allows for a perfect foam and makes the foam almost taste like the beer (it is hard to explain in words). Anyway I got talking to the owner of the patent and of course he would love to distribute this to US. I told him I thought Homebrewers would love this on their rigs but that I was worried about the price with shipping. I was wondering what you guys would be willing to pay for something like this to give me an idea if this is something worth persuading or not?
nostalgie_mosaz.jpg

Correct, the perlick is a great faucet but not the same as this one. The Urquell pumped around the city out of these does taste quite amazing but after talking to the owner of the business, I don't see why it wouldn't work for keezers and homebrew guys.

My issue with it is that to actually get these faucet to the US, even if I was to organize a purchase of say 50 pieces, they'd be about $200/piece as pictured with handle and shank (I know the average homebrewer doesn't throw $200 for a faucet for a keezer they probably picked of CL for $50).

I will try to get in touch with the owner and see what could be done as far as getting a few of these on American soil. They come in chrome, stainless and brass finishing (maybe copper too not sure). Good to know that there is even a remote interest.

I wish I would have broken down right there and then and bought one and than I would have something to actually show in my HB club too.

I know someone already brought up the perlick creamer. I kind of disagree, and think the item you are describing is more like the "perlick flow control" that has a knob to adjust the flow rate. I know it's not exactly what you are describing, but it seems to function in a similar manner. Anyway,I love my flow control perlicks and can't imagine life without them.

-Rooster

1390448580531.jpg

I like the look of it, but I don't really see how it functions much differently than a flow control faucet (granted we can't see the internals).

Having not had a chance to taste a beer poured from this "revolutionary" faucet, I'd say the most I'd spend on something like this would be $50 per tap. I might be willing to pay more if I actually tried one and determined it to be significantly better than anything else out there.

I like the look of it, but I don't really see how it functions much differently than a flow control faucet (granted we can't see the internals).

Having not had a chance to taste a beer poured from this "revolutionary" faucet, I'd say the most I'd spend on something like this would be $50 per tap. I might be willing to pay more if I actually tried one and determined it to be significantly better than anything else out there.

agreed with these statement. I think most homebrewers would be willing to spend $50-75. Last I checked, the perlick flow control faucets are around $50, so if this functions the same way but its most aesthetically pleasing then I bet people would be willing to do $75.

The guy said they can make the us shank size, but I wish I would have bought one to actually try it. I agree that at $184 this is a overluxury and probably more towards brewpubs than homebrewers. I think right around $70 could be a seller even for the homebrew crowd.

There's something called "Turbo Tap" here in the states. Some guy did a project about it in my engineering presentation course, otherwise I'm pretty sure it's a pretty obscure thing not many people have seen/heard about.

I just looked at the prices, and it's significantly above what you referenced. So that can give you a taste of the market if you google prices for it. (It's also more geared towards bars, in that although it pours a "perfect head", it's designed to churn it out 5 times faster than a standard tap, or something like that).

Back