Just bottled first batch!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mss

Reaction score
So I just bottled my first batch! Irish red from northern brewer I'm super stoked! I have to admit that was a chore, I'm hoping its worth it. 2 weeks primary 1 week secondary. Can't wait to taste! Now it's the waiting game. Guess I brew another.

image-3461339789.jpg

image-3268814500.jpg

You haven't tasted it yet? I always drink the hydro sample. I think beer tastes pretty good right out of fermenter. Anyway, congrats. :mug:

Nice my first brew was a northern brewer irish red. It came out good! No off flavors, easy to drink. A good first brew. Let it sit at least 2 weeks and enjoy! Let us know how it is!!!

Congratulations!

Little bottling tip Revvy clued us to: rather than connecting your bottling wand to the long hose and bottling on the floor, use a 1 inch piece of hose to connect the wand directly to the spigot. Put the bottling bucket on a chair on your table or counter. Now you can sit at the table while you bottle. Guaranteed to make you hate bottling 90% less!

Congrats, I bottled my first brew yesterday, Caribou Slobber from NB. Not knowing what to expect while bottling, a few days earlier I did a dry run (actually wet, I used water) to run through the bottling sequence. I didn't care for the spigot method, so I used the racking cane, that kept me at standing height, no bending over. The sample tasted good, had it in the primary for 4 weeks, OG 1.053-FG 1.013. I plan on conditioning for 3 weeks, then ENJOY THE FRUITS OF MY LABOR!

Joe

Check out my bottling video. It's all sitting down with everything in arm's reach. It's on here in a thread somewhere.

Bottled my first 5 gallon batch today, too. I will be looking into kegs this week.

Bottling = easy. Cleaning = PIA

Back