Sparge Arm Design?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyomingBrewer

Reaction score
What do you guys use? I have been doing No-Sparge brewing but had a brain flash about how easy it would be to make a sparge arm. I was thinking of 1/2" PVC the length of my cooler mash tun with small holes drilled on each side and a couple cross braces to hold it up. Just using a small nipple on one end to run from the tubing from the hot water (lauter tun?) and a cap on the opposite end to plug it. Sound like a feasible plan?

We used 1/2 inch sch 40 pvp pipe to make a sparge arm. The temps of the water won't affect the pvc as it has a higher temp rating than 170f.
Basically, we built it using a funnel which goes into the top of a T, then that T has two additional Ts running off of it, which then has the length of pvc pipe running out of it. We drilled small holes in the pvc pipe to allow the water to run out. We plugged the ends of the pipe and then add water to the funnel. It works well for us and was an easy build.

Sounds pretty similar to what I was thinking but I think my design is even simpler. I would use high temp tubing for the hot water and a valve at the tank to turn on off so need for a funnel. Just hook directly to the nipple from the tank and turn it on. I think it will work...when I get it built I will post some picture in action.

Back