on vacation in Florida.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrank85

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Are there any good lhbs in or around the Sarasota area that may be worth hitting up?

There's one called In The Spirits in Sarasota. I know nothing about it, but there are a few good ones just up the road in Pinellas Park and Brandon.

One is Beer and Wine makers pantry (Pinellas Park) I have been there and they are nice people. I think they do about 50/50 beer and wine, but its an on premise wine fermentation store.

If you can spare a trip to Cigar City in Tampa you won't regret it, there tour is short since their facility is relatively small, but it is pretty damn cool. Our tour guide gave us a bottle of espresso brown they had just bottled a few minutes before ( don't know if this will happen for you, there were 4 of us and we were all friends) The tasting room is great too!

Cigar City is my favorite brewery. Their tasting room is fantastic with all of their experimental beers that should be distributed but aren't. Their Marshal Zurkov on tap is AMAZING, the Oatmeal Cookie Brown is unique and the Double Cream ale was pretty good. The only beer I didn't want a 2nd of was Guava Grove Saison but it is a pretty good seller of theirs.

If you're looking for good food and some good but not as good beer try Tampa Bay Brewing. They have fantastic rootbeer too, probably best I ever had.

Brandon has the home brewing store called Booth's.

I third the Cigar City tour. I just did it yesterday and it was great, plus the tab room always has a different beer to try every time I go there.

Back