Building a bar - questions about protecting bar top - epoxy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrapplejoe

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of building my bar, and I have a few questions..

First, I will be protecting it with a epoxy top... Ill probably be snagging the following :

http://store.creative-wholesale.com...Default.aspx?SortField=Free3+DESC,ProductName

Is that a good solution?

Next, I have a Chicago bar rail.... how should I protect that? Can I just paint on the above epoxy onto that or just but a seperate solution since its not a level surface?

Next, the rest of the bar....(front wall, side wall, etc)... What kind of coat should I put on that? Just a standard epoxy resin from Home Dept?

For the rail and wood (everything besides your top) just put a coat of polyurethane over the stain, or buy the stain/poly combo stuff.

51Yr1iUz0SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Irregular...

thanks!

Also, next question..

My tower from my kegerator (summit dual tap) is currently attached to my kegerator... I want it to be about a foot from the kegerator (I want it on the bar top). Since its a short run, what is the best solution to run the lines through? Can you point me to a DIY or thread that shows what I need? Is it just a pvc pipe solution?>

Back