Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1st group buy, now that i got over the 'sack hump' with the wife...thanks for getting this all organized

Can you let me know if I'm in for a sack of GP? Want to make sure i did things right and finally get in on this!

bmason1623 said:
Can you give an example please?

Hop contracts benefit both parties..you get guaranteed amount of hops supplied at $x, they are guaranteed the sale...you're entering a contract to buy x lbs of hops, and you'll pay $x regardless if you take the delivery or not...like oil futures...win-win if you play it right

heferly said:
1st group buy, now that i got over the 'sack hump' with the wife...thanks for getting this all organized

Can you let me know if I'm in for a sack of GP? Want to make sure i did things right and finally get in on this!

Is your order under your hbt user name or some other user name?

Gmccague said:
These prices are awesome! Do they also include shipping?

Shipping is $78 per pallet with 42 sacks per pallet max. This works out to $1.86 per sack. Everything else "rides" free. Note, that if we need to get a separate pallet for non grain stuff then all of the shipping charges are spread across the total number of sacks ordered.

Thanks for the info.

Lastly - How fresh is the malt when it arrives? If its mfg date is normally pretty recent I may really load up!

Gmccague said:
Thanks for the info.

Lastly - How fresh is the malt when it arrives? If its mfg date is normally pretty recent I may really load up!

They supply most of the breweries in the Midwest. This means that they are moving a LOT of malt so it's safe to assume it's very fresh.

Also, the lot numbers on the sacks can be entered on the distributor's website to get the malt analysis info.

It's like you read my mind. Quarter it with all four of us, or just the 3? Or have 2 50:50 split sacks? I'd prefer to not have a whole half sack and would be fine with a quarter, but you're the one who wanted it, so your call.

Chose the 12th just because I get paid in the middle of the month(s).

I would be cool with a 1/4 sack of Crystal if that works for everyone.

Hey bill I got a fatal error message when trying to add some grain to my order. Now I can't do anything and keep getting that message. Did I break it?

ylpaul2000 said:
Hey bill I got a fatal error message when trying to add some grain to my order. Now I can't do anything and keep getting that message. Did I break it?

Ghoti?

close your browser and try logging back in. If that does not work copy the error message and PM it to me.

Ok So it didn't work the first time I tried to login but it did work the second time. So let's hope I didn't screw it up.

Bill how does drop shipping work. I wanted to get some PBW but it isn't stocked and only available drop shipped. I don't want to put you or anyone else out by ordering it (if allowed). Can you explain the process?

RC0032 said:
Ok who is interested in the following:
Northern Brewer
Warrior®
Magnum (Germain)
Cascade

I would like a pound of magnum I'd probably get in on a warrior or NB if that's the way the tides turn

ylpaul2000 said:
Bill how does drop shipping work. I wanted to get some PBW but it isn't stocked and only available drop shipped. I don't want to put you or anyone else out by ordering it (if allowed). Can you explain the process?

I got some last time without ruffling any feathers as far as I can tell

ylpaul2000 said:

I'll have to ask when the time comes. They may have it in stock by the time our order is ready to ship.

Since you're looking at this regularly, can you tell me whether my order went in? I can be somewhat technologically impaired sometimes. I should have 4 sacks total.

Thanks!

I can log in... but when I add grain it doesn't show up on the list.

If you're referring to the spreadsheet, it's because I have to manually update it. I'll do that later.

Bill, I recommend that when we get close (within 10 or so) to filling that third pallet that we do an order confirm/check, in the event of erroneous quantities or varieties or ommissions. I know its a PIA, but its our technological maiden voyage too. I was thinking that same Q, when I added rye and it was different from what I wanted...
2 pence

I will ask that everybody check their portion of the spreadsheet when the time comes.

I signed up for the site but haven't gotten my confirmation email. I want grain! I'm hoping maybe some folks from Milwaukee are buying as well?

idigg said:
I signed up for the site but haven't gotten my confirmation email. I want grain! I'm hoping maybe some folks from Milwaukee are buying as well?

Confirmed

Interested in a pound of NB if there is some available.
I would like a pound of magnum I'd probably get in on a warrior or NB if that's the way the tides turn
I'd be in for Cascade, NB, and Magnum.
I'll get in on 2 or 3 lbs of cascade.

I'd be in for a pound of warrior.

Ok some movement!!
So far:
5lbs NB (urbanmyth, ThirstT, cadwallion, RC*2)
5lbs Cascade (cadwallion, TheOneBuz*3, RC*2)
and other lesser picks. We need to get close to an 11lb

What 2-Row is everyone going with? I went Canadian in the past but I heard of a better product.

I went with the great western, it was a tiny bit cheaper and it's a domestic product. As far as quality, I've used both Canada malting and great western and found very little difference if any. So if you could support the ol' USA why wouldn't you?

Canada is the 51st state...or is that Mexico?

Anyway, I recall talking with Bill about this. Is GW the 50lbs sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back