Christmas ale mold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spice41

Reaction score
Hello all!!

This is now the second time I have brewed Christmas ale. Went to bottle today and there was mold all over the top of the beer inside my locked fermenter. The same result when I brewed it last year. I take all the best sanitary practices when cleaning, so I am boggled as to why this is happening and only happening to my Christmas ale. Any suggestions? All other beers come out perfect!!

maybe posting your process and recipe would help. Obviously something wasn't sanitary. my first though would be spices or something added after flameout (any primary or secondary fermenter additions?)

Well that must be it. No need to post recipe or my process lol I added a little cinnamon before secondary fermentation ugh! So that was it I figured it wasn't from being unsanitary

Yeah, adding cinammon probably caused the mold. Maybe make a tincture out of vodka and cinnamon next year ?

Back