First taste test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGREDIOWAN

Reaction score
Well I tried my first taste of my American Wheat after two weeks in bottles. I wanted to try it a week early so I can compare it to next weekends taste test. Seemed to be carbed well, got the fizz sound when I popped the top. Had bubbles making their way to top of the beer as it was sitting in the glass. Pretty decent taste and great color. Didn't have much for head retention though. I know I'll only get better and this beer tastes pretty good for my first attempt. What a great feeling.......

wheats don't retain head well, but are great beers. 1 of my favorite types. i have a hefeweizen fermenting now; will be a raspberry hefe by the time i'm done

My first was an American Wheat and it was delicious. Nothing like your first homebrew. Better start on your second.

Yeah, I plan on starting my second one here fairly soon. The initial taste is pretty good, but as it finishes there's a taste I can't quite place? I would say it's almost a slight slimy taste? That makes it sound horrible as it's not like I'm getting a slimy mouthful of beer. I think some more time in the bottles will obviously help as it was early when I tried it. It's only gonna get better with time.

Had several people try some of my homebrew last night and they were pleasantly surprised. They said they were expecting it to taste horrible and they thought it was very good. I even had them try some Shiner Hefeweizen next to my American Wheat even though they aren't completely comparable IMO. About half preferred my American Wheat. I'm planning on brewing a hefe for my second batch, can't wait.

Latest posts

Back