Please Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeretheBrews

Reaction score
OK. Fermenting for 3 days. Original gravity reading was 60. Fermentation stopped this morning. Gravity reading was 20. Should I rack to secondary?

I'm had the same situation tonight. Had a brew in for 6 days and SG was/is 1.020
I racked to a secondary because I need my primary to brew tomarrow! Otherwise, I might have left it alone for a couple of more days. I figure I can drop it down to 1.01 in the secondary. I hope......but I'm sure it will....I can always leave it in my secondary another week or so to get it down (I have 2 secondarys)
Have fun.

I would let it sit a week. You could twist the fermentor a few times it to get the yeast moving around a bit.

too late. I just racked! It smells pretty good, and cleared up alot. Krausen was totally gone. I think it just fermented really quick, maybe alot of un-fermentable sugars. How long should I leave in secondary?

Back