Nostalgia Electronics KRS-2100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SourHopHead

Reaction score
Anyone have or know of these? I can get one for $300, but I read some modifications have to be made to get temp down and the reg isn't that great.

thx

I believe I've seen that at *gasp* Wal-Mart actually - so maybe you can judge from that?

Do you want this to dispense home-brew? If so, I'd seriously consider researching and building the Sanyo 4912 conversion (5cu ft) or a small (read- 6-7cu ft roughly) chest freezer with collar conversion (see david_42 for a good example).

If you have to put even $100 into that unit to get it to serve homebrew (you definitely need the kegs, corny quick-connects, etc.) you are better off spending around $500 or so and building one of the other options. Will still be brand new, it will have two taps (more than likely forward seal faucets if you choose) and you'll have all the necessary pieces of the puzzle to serve 2 kegs of homebrew at a time... Plus, shouldn't be any problem with cooling 2 kegs to freezing in either of these options.

You can pick up homebrew kegging "kits" from kegconnection.com, midwestsupplies.com. You can do a tower through the top (4912) or shanks through a collar (chest freezer) fairly easily. A VERY ROUGH estimate of cost is $200-350 for the kegging kit (depending upon what upgrades you get - triple regulator, perlicks, etc.) and $150-200 for the fridge or freezer.

Thanks. Yes it will be for homebrew because bottling is taking up too much time and space. If I was going to put more $$$ in I'd rather get/do something others have done and I know will work fine. Thx for the help.

What a difference a day makes. Someone at work heard me taking about getting a kegging system and made me a deal for $100 bucks. Thinking of gong the chest freezer route now.

PICT0974.jpg

PICT0976.jpg

PICT0977.jpg

Back