Colbalt Blue Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamukaiser

Reaction score
I just saw some cool Cobalt Blue EZ cap bottles... would these be as good to use as amber colored bottles?

I know I've read that Green and Clear are not as good as the Amber....? They don't filter out as much UV.

Thanks

Shamu

For most homebrewers, the green vs colorless vs amber debate is a moot point, since most of the time the beer will be sitting in boxes or in a cellar, not under direct sunlight or fluorescent light, and consumed within a relatively short timeframe.

Blue bottles sound sweet. The only potential drawback I see is if what I just said doesn't describe you, or you plan on entering it into competition.

When I went to buy bottles a couple of weeks ago they were out of the amber, so they sold me the blue for the same price. Sweet.

When you hold them up to the light you can hardly see in them!

I was wondering about this when I watched Alton Brown's Good Eats episode on homebrewing. He just used blue flip tops and didn't even mention why...

Back