Trip to Bend, OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
Hello folks! I'll be taking the family on a last minute getaway to Bend Or next week. Instead of our usual whirlwind tour we're just staying in the same B&B for a week and enjoying the area. So what are your thoughts on the local brews? I know the "Ale Trail" is a big thing there but other than Deschutes Brewing I have not heard of any other beer there. Input is appreciated. Thanks!

Find Bend Brewing Co, right downtown,, Hop Head is on tap now really good..
message me when you get up here for more,, I will be out of town the 19th threw the 22nd..
there is about 10 brew houses here now with the newest being Paht Matts Brewing Co in Redmond Oregon, made our first batch yesterday!!

Awesome, I'll be staying right downtown (Mill Inn) for 5 days starting on the 21st. RU part of the brewery? Can we get a tour? Lemme know!

It's a shame you couldn't arrive at least one day earlier. Bend Brewfest

Haven't hit Good Life yet, but hearing great things, especially about the menu. 10 Barrel is a lot of fun, great food, and rotating cask beers. Old Mill Brew Werks just got voted best IPA in Central Oregon by a local panel for the Bend paper. Get a cheap ($6) growler fill at Boneyard on Wednesday. If you're up for a 20 mile drive, Three Creeks out in Sisters has great beer. They came in a very close second place for Central Oregon IPA. Edit - can't believe I left out Silvermoon. The brewers, Tyler and Brett are awesome, they bring so much info to our club meetings, so if you get a chance to chat with either of them, they are a fountain of information for any brewer.

Back