Odell's Saboteur

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsdude

Reaction score
I just tried some Odell's Saboteur in their tap room. They have had this on tap for a while as "Bret Barrel Brown." I didn't try it before because, although I like them, many brown ales taste a little sweet to me.

Anyway, Odell's did a great job on this one. It has a lot of flavor and a slightly sour finish. Thumbs up!

The SWMBO and I went yesterday to drink some of their pilot brews and listen to the band. Had a great time. They have Bobby on tap again.

We are planning on heading to the new Equanox brew pub opening on Friday and then the Odell's Tap Room release of St. Luplins on Saturday.

It is good to live near Fort Collins!

I know it's an old thread, but I thought I'd post here instead of starting a new thread.

Just got some today! how is it?

DSCN1469.jpg

I had a glass from two different bottles last night. Each one was very different from the other. The first was very green and tasted like it needed to age a bit. The second was decent. The sour doesn't overpower and for it being 10% you couldn't feel the alcohol. It is a complex tasting beer and is hard to put into words. If I would have taken notes on it I could probably come up with something better to tell you about the latest batch of bottles but I found it funny that one bottle in the case tasted very different from the other. We only got 12 bottles in and the first two bottles sold were to us kitchen folks right after our shift ;)

I thought it was an OK beer. I wouldn't say it is worth the price but that is my opinion. I'm glad we split the two bottles between 4 people...

I do like other Odell stuff but this one is not for me.

Back